March in the Midwest.......It Sucks!!

Started by 40, March 15, 2004, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awakened this morning to a bright,white 24" of snow on the ground! The wind is blowing 35mph and it's creating some unique 5' drifts :roll: It's still snowing and the flakes are as big as half dollars! Last nights prediction was for 1 to 3 inches.....these clowns definately need a new ruler!The latest forecast just heard on the radio..."Snow continuing into early evening,possible total accumulation of 6 to 8 inches"....Someone needs to cut a hole in the wall of the radio station so these idiots can have a look outside! I feel better now...........
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Fat Cat

Quote from: "40"Awakened this morning to a bright,white 24" of snow on the ground! The wind is blowing 35mph and it's creating some unique 5' drifts :roll: It's still snowing and the flakes are as big as half dollars! Last nights prediction was for 1 to 3 inches.....these clowns definately need a new ruler!The latest forecast just heard on the radio..."Snow continuing into early evening,possible total accumulation of 6 to 8 inches"....Someone needs to cut a hole in the wall of the radio station so these idiots can have a look outside! I feel better now...........

Why would any newscaster want to know what is really happening in the real world :?:

Jbird

Geeeze, I really feel bad for you midwesterners. It's been in the high seventies, low eighties for the last week and a half here in NorCal. In the months before that the temp ranged from forty five to fifty five day or night and I was beginning to wonder if we'd ever see the sun again. We had one storm a couple of weeks back that dumped almost two inches of rain on us in a day with winds at almost 50 mph, the section of town my shop is in lost power for almost eight hours. The sudden jump into the eighties has shocked my fragile mind into thinking spring is already here. But it looks like Mother Nature will shock us all back into reality in the next week or so.
  Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Mikej

You're going to have to start getting up earlier :lol:  We had about 5 inches at 6:30. Still snowing here. No where close to 24".

I went to bed around midnight....no snow....had about 18" by 5AM when I got up....seems we are in a trough that is getting dumped on big time.It's nearly 1PM and it's still snowing....talked to one of my suppliers in Sioux Falls and the ground was just barely covered....what a differance 75 miles makes!I backed my Ford truck out of the driveway and was pushing snow with the bumper....can't even see my little Mazda pickup! It's really funny to see the dog try to find a spot to pee!

SKR8PN

I can't beileve you let that poor pup outside,without shoveling her a path first!  
I heard on the news,we are supposed to get dumped on tonight or tommorrow,to the tune of 6 inches...........
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Dirk35

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I just got back from the frisbee golf course, wearing jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt. 67degrees with a chance of rain. :D  :D

couper

Geez Daryle, that does suck.
I watched the weather forecast down here at 6pm and they talked about western Iowa getting hit hard. I thought about you over there.
Cold rain here, but moving out.
Hey, we've got an extra room here at the house if you come down for NSRA Springfield. let me know.

jaybee

Here in Des Moines our 1-3" is going to be 12+.  Think this is what the weathercasters refer to as a "freak late-winter storm."

Weather lore in this area claims that there's always a snowstorm the week of the girl's High School basketball tournament.  This year it just came less than a week late.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Thanks Lance,I'll shoot you an e-mail.Definately planning to attend....pretty sure the 36 won't be ready :roll:  but it is one of my favorite shows and will come,with or without wheels!

Oh,By the way.....IT'S STILL SNOWING!! What is really scary....like last night,they are predicting 1 to 3 inches by morning :roll:

40 Chev Coupe

Kinda know how you fell, I think it'll be mid July before all our snow up here melts. Still trying to find the garage.

:b-d: [/i]

parklane

Boy!! and you guys thoght that we had it hard here in Canada  :lol:  :lol:
Would you believe that the most southern part of Canada is farther south than the northen border of California!!!

John
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

moparrodder

Quote from: "40"Oh,By the way.....IT'S STILL SNOWING!! What is really scary....like last night,they are predicting 1 to 3 inches by morning :roll:
Yup, yer right Daryle!!  It's still snowin here as of 8:15 cst.  Went to work this morning with Andy's pickup and was slidin all over the place, can't figure why anyone would want 36 inch swampers on a pickup in this kinds weather, but you know kids!  When I left work at 5:30 I had a little over 18 inches of snow on my tarp on the ole semi, hope it melts fast cause I'm tired of the mud all this snow leaves behind, at least I got to enjoy 2 days without overshoes.  Bill

Mac

Saturday night my well pump sh*t the bed. Bought the new pump today (500 clams) :cry:

I've got just enough Scotsman in me that I'm pulling the 200' deep pump myself instead of inviting in the well pro.

This all happens tomorrow with the snow fixin to commence here in Pennslavnia.

It sucks in the East too.

Mac
Who\'s yer Data?