Well It happened again

Started by enjenjo, September 29, 2005, 11:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I just got in the house from the latest wreck in front of it. This makes 10 in 32 years. This was the second rollover. One person in the car, alcohol was involved, no serious injuries. Ford Explorer, when I got to it, it was on it's side, still running. No glass left in it. She was cut up from the glass, and had a pretty good gash in her head.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

They fall off?  Big ditches, narrow road.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Crosley.In.AZ

Stoopid is as stoopid does .  We have had roll overs on freeway entrance ramps at the control lights of the entrance.

IF your unfamilar with control lights..... they are traffic lights that you are suppose to stop at and wait for the green to enter the freeway. The lights only operate during heavy traffic hours.  How a person can roll a vehicle in the morning when plenty of vehicles are in line waiting is beyond me
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Well, the just widened the road 4' this summer, and there are no ditches. :shock:  No skid marks what so ever. She just flat lost control. She was lucky, her tire tracks are within a couple feet of two maple trees, and a utility pole in my front yard.

I was the only one who heard anything, and the way the car was setting when stopped, the lights could not be seen by cars coming down the road. I was trying to stop the next car coming down the road, but he didn't see me until it was nearly too late, he locked the brakes, skided off the road, and through a bean field, narrowly missing some mail boxes. With his help, I finally got the traffic to stop until rescue people got here. It was hairy there for a few minutes.

Uncle Bob

Well Frank, I'll bet you can hardly wait for the 60 Minutes crew to show up to film you for their next hit piece about those evil Ford engineers trying to kill their customers. :wink:

Hope she's able to appreciate your thoughtful efforts.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

EMSjunkie

You tryin' to put me out of a job  :shock:

thanks Frank, at least you helped control traffic, and
tried to prevent another accident.

We usually have a second or third wreck just from the
gore-mongers trying to get a good look at the carnage  :x

keep up the good work.
yo are now an honorary EMT.  :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

jaybee

Good for you for being a good citizen and actually taking action to try to keep things from getting worse.  I've seen several bits lately about programs to teach skid control and other emergency maneuvers.  Maybe we're getting beyond the insurance company knee-* reaction that teaching people to drive well just encourages them to drive recklessly.  Most bad wrecks are way worse than they had to be, but the driver just starts * on the wheel and/or jams on the brakes and gets really out of control.

Slightly different circumstances, yesterday they sentenced a man here to jail for supplying alcohol to a minor.  A year ago the kid ran a four way stop at "in excess of 90mph" in a 30mph zone.  Beyond the stop is a steep downhill and jogs slightly to the right.  The car flew almost 100' through the air, landed on top of a 6' retaining wall left of the road, sheared off 2 phone poles, and stopped upside down 1/2 block farther along in an intersection.  Driver killed, passenger will be recovering for the rest of his life.  I've seen the pictures over an over and still can't figure out what kind of car it was.  To their credit the family of the dead teen has put a lot of effort into drunk and drugged driving prevention since that time.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Rayvyn

Quote from: "enjenjo"I just got in the house from the latest wreck in front of it. quote]

She probably saw you mowing the grass naked and totally lost control out of fear, panic and confusion. :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  

That sight would make a freight train back up and take a dirt road, let alone a Ford Explorer. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :0-0
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

enjenjo

I thought I had you handled at the airport when I called you Osama? The TSI guys seemed interested :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

People trying to help have been run over by secondary traffic to the accident scene.

I was trying to direct people around an accident where we were rear ended in a chev van many years ago. Just a minor rear hit.

I had one fellow nearly drive over me and pull up to the truck that had hit us.  He just sat there a few minutes and figured it out.  I stopped directing traffic around us
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

CalifCarl

Don't need to say any more.  I know it's unscientific, but I swear there are more fatalities in Explorers than most vehicles.  

I work in the traffic safety industry and have seen report after report.
:cry:

Mr Cool

Quote from: "CalifCarl"Don't need to say any more.  I know it's unscientific, but I swear there are more fatalities in Explorers than most vehicles.  

I work in the traffic safety industry and have seen report after report.
:cry:
Maybe they should be driving a volvo instead?

enjenjo, if people kept trying to park in my front yard un-invited like that, I'd have moved by now, never know when someone will be there doing something, like you mowing grass for example.
Im nobody, right?
And dont forget, nobody\'s perfect.

48ford

We get one in the ditch in front of our house every year,nastiest one we seen was around 10 years ago,car load of kids from lake high school droped in the ditch and hit the bridge,(It was ugly).
It's a state highway with no shoulder,BIG ditch and everyone wants to pass,If your tire goes over the white line your history.We have had some close calls just turning into the property.
Russ&Irene

river1

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"thanks Frank,

keep up the good work.

Vance

that don't mean you can go around giving mouth to mouth to just anyone.

you need to keep that between you and your wife.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"thanks Frank,

keep up the good work.

Vance

that don't mean you can go around giving mouth to mouth to just anyone.

Thats a scary thought, and an even scarier visual  :shock:  :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****