Big Olds Has Never Ran Better Then Right Now!

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, September 12, 2005, 08:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "BFS57"I think the price he charged for the work done was really good!

Bruce

Even though he didn't mention it to me cuz my folks actually picked up Big Olds at the shop, I know he "expects" cookies to as part payment,  :wink: which he'll get this weekend at Kzoo.  He's a great guy.  Him and his wife have been good friends of the family for many years.

Doug, I typed up this nice reply on the other post giving you more detailed route info and a reply to "40" as well and when I went to transmit I lost my internet connection.  I was so * I just left.  Anyway, I'll get the map back out tonight and give you the route that I think we'll take.  

Just off the top of my head I think we're coming in from Buffelo, kind across the top of the park, down the west side and exit at the south entrance so we can hit the Grand Tetons on the way to SLC.  We will be taking the secondary highways whenever possible just for the awesome scenery.  After so many years of internet friendship I'm certainly looking forward to possibly having the opportunity to meet you in person.  More details coming soon.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "sirstude"Denise,

Ditto, on the warm clothes, it was 39 yesterday when I came to work, and it is 48 right now.  It warms up in the day around here

Doug

Doug, just off the top of your head, what will be the average temp the week of Sept 26th say at 9am??  The noon temp?  5pm?

Dave

Glad its fixed I really want to see it with the new paint. Looks good in the pics
Dave]

reborn55

Glad to hear it all turned out OK.  Good to have someone you can trust working on your pride and joy.  Have a great trip

sirstude

Denise,

Up here in Helena, at that time: high 30's, low 40's in the morning,  High 60's,low to high 70's in the afternoon, and starting to cool off by around 5:00.  Unless the September week of cold hits then, it should be a beautiful "Indian Summer".  Yellowstone and the Tetons, will be colder in the morning and at night, because of the altitude, but about the same in the day.  It is 55 right now, and we have had some rain and weather the last few days, should warm back up by the weekend acording to the forecast.  Possibly also some frost in the mornings.

We ususally get some some in mid september, but haven't the last few years, usually has hit by now.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

river1

Quote from: "sirstude"Denise,

Up here in Helena, at that time: high 30's, low 40's in the morning,  High 60's,low to high 70's in the afternoon, and starting to cool off by around 5:00.

man that sounds like january in AZ :D

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Normspeed

Yellowstone and the Tetons, what great memories. Be on the lookout for deer crossing the highway, I seem to remember a lot of them up that way, and on the roads into Utah, especially after dark.

>Just off the top of my head I think we're coming in from Buffelo, kind across the top of the park, down the west side and exit at the south entrance so we can hit the Grand Tetons on the way to SLC.  We will be taking the secondary highways whenever possible just for the awesome scenery.  After so many years of internet friendship I'm certainly looking forward to possibly having the opportunity to meet you in person.  More details coming soon.[/quote]

HotRodLadyCrusr

Unless there is a breakdown and we have to make up time, we have no plans to drive after dark.  The point of taking the "high" road, in this case I90, is to view the scenery.  Can't do that in the dark. :wink:   I want to meet you in SoCal Norm. 8)

Normspeed

It will be a great trip. I'm green with envy. When in SoCal, I'm sure we'll all hook up. Don knows all the best eateries. Be ready for a great time.

:mrgreen:

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Unless there is a breakdown and we have to make up time, we have no plans to drive after dark.  The point of taking the "high" road, in this case I90, is to view the scenery.  Can't do that in the dark. :wink:   I want to meet you in SoCal Norm. 8)

Glad everything turned out great....Have a fun,safe trip!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

HotRodLadyCrusr

Daryle, I posted a long reply to you on the other post but when I went to transmit I lost my internet connection thus my long, thoughtout reply to you.  

Anyway, in a nutshell, we'll be passing thru your area and are counting on stopping and saying "hi".  Thanks for the offer of accomadations but my folks will get a room at the local Holiday Inn Express type place if we stop for the nite.  Whatever hotel is closest to you.  Depending on if it's close to dinnertime, we can either all go out to eat together or BBQ whatever you and Denise wanna do.  Not sure what the date is yet, either Friday the 23rd or Saturday the 24th.  I'm trying to get the folks to leave a day earlier then planned because I hear there is a car show in Mitchell, SD that I want to attend on Saturday.  More details to follow.

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

HotRodLadyCrusr

We are now leaving on Thursday after work, the 22nd so we can attend a car show in Mitchell, SD on Saturday, the 24th.  I heard thru the grapevine my buddy Bo Huff is making a guest appearance.  

Daryle, this means will be in your area on Friday nite, the 23rd.  Feel like getting together for dinner??  I'd at least like to stop and get a hug from Josh. :wink:

Denise...Give me a call (402-494-0977) and we'll formulate a plan of attack.We can do dinner out...as in BBQ...or we can throw something on the grill.As I said earlier,we have plenty of room and your parents are more than welcome to stay with us....seems silly to waste the $$ .They can sure use our camper if they'd feel more comfortable...it has a very comfortable queen bed and all of the comforts of home... or there are plenty of motels available.I was heading off to Kansas City Thursday morning but will change my plans and stay home just for you  :P
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

btrc

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"We are now leaving on Thursday after work, the 22nd so we can attend a car show in Mitchell, SD on Saturday, the 24th.  I heard thru the grapevine my buddy Bo Huff is making a guest appearance.  

Daryle, this means will be in your area on Friday nite, the 23rd.  Feel like getting together for dinner??  I'd at least like to stop and get a hug from Josh. :wink:

Denise,
 I'm glad to hear your coming through Mitchell on Sat. but sad because I won't be around that weekend.   Several of us are heading down to Goodguys in KC.  Daryle, since you aren't going now I will try to stop by on the way back and check your progress.
 The show is the 1st Annual Outkasts Cruise In and Hot Rod Show and Bo Huff is supposed to attend.  The club hosting this show is kind of small in number but they have really worked hard promoting it.  I don't now how it is going to turn out as there are several others things going on that weekend in this part of the world and they are kind of restrictive as to what can be at the show.   Big Olds should be OK.  Hey, if you heard about it way in Michigan maybe it will turn out good.

Bob
Bob