New projects

Started by enjenjo, September 11, 2005, 12:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

Still working on the Olds, most of the remodeling of the house is done, but this last weekend was the annual "tour of homes" and the wife got a few ideas.  Picked up a bunch of air suspension stuff at the Goodguys, so I guess that is what I am going to keep in the Olds.  Almost finished with building the exhaust.  For some reason, I decided that I wanted to build an exhaust from "U" bends.  I now have a new respect for those that do that.  The goofy thing about doing that is I made a living running an exhaust shop years ago, and still have access to a tubing bender and shop.  The body has to come off one more time and then it is time to finish up the body work.  I had made up my mind on paint color, but now am back wondering again.  Saw a Harley the other day that was two tone green, and it was really pretty.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Dirk35

I bought a 34 Ford Sedan body. But I am not touching it until my 35 is running.

All I need is my radiator guy to get the darned thing done.

mopar2dr

I am starting a 48 Ford pickup. OK,it's not a mopar but I have an 88 Dakota 2wd long wheelbase for the chassis. So I guess I'll be looking for some parts for the F-1. Also an old model A frame has appeared by my old shed. Perhaps there is rat rod in my future.    :oops:
I got lost in thought, it was unfamiliar territory!

reborn55

Gotta finish putting gravel in the drive, gutters on the garage, some honey do stuff.  Still trying to sell my streetrod, if not may try to upgrade the interior to buckets and console.  Time permitting will try to put a/c in 55, digital dash, etc.  Does it ever end? :lol:

midnight sun

Quote from: "enjenjo"Anyone starting a new project this fall? Or, continuing on old ones?

So what do YOU have going?

Well let's see...  Put in 450 ft. of 3 rail vinyl fencing for the back yard and 80 ft. of cedar at the back of the shop to enclose parts, bodies (car that is) etc.  Then go get about 50 yards of compost to let set on the back yard until next spring then Hydro seed it.  Redo the rear tail lights on the A, Im sick and tired of the stock 47 ford ones, they are a piece of junk. Gonna go LED from Technostalgia.  Also seriously considering going ahead and putting fenders, splash aprons and running boards on the A.  Oh yeah, continue to work on Momma's 47 Ford Coupe.  Then I gotta go get the 51 Ford P/U from up at my brothers place.  I'm gonna make a daily driver out of it.  Has no box so it will be a stake bed, primer, steelies, factory 58 283 Corvette motor with 2 x 4 carbs and a Muncie 4 speed.  Indian Blanket interior.  Other than that ..nuthin... Oh yeah goin to Israel for 10 days in November.
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

Jokester

I moved here a year ago and have nearly finished building my shop.  I've managed to do some minor upgrades on the '33 Chevy driver in between shop building so it's in pretty decent shape for the winter.  

I hope to drag the '34 chevy coupe inside and get it going before spring.  I need to sand off the patina (rust) and shoot some primer.  It's been awhile since I checked, I hope the engine still turns over.  It's been under a tarp for nearly 2 years.  Not sure what all I'll have to re-do.

.bjb    :D
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

EMSjunkie

I'm hoping to have my coupe finished by the end of the year.
doing interior work now, hope to be in the paint booth
Thankgiving weekend.

Thats the plan. but its subject to change without notice.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "GPster"And I thought I had a problem with flooding! What about the Falcon drag car? What about your changes at work? Do they keep you from thinking clearly about the future? GPster

Not too much water came in the yard, that just means there will be more weeds to deal with in 2 weeks.

The Falcon drag car motor has Custom pistons. The block is bored, we are working on the rods, new bolts , shot-peening them.

The turbo guy says he has a setup for me that work great.  I need to pry open my wallet and buy parts....... then fab up an exhaust manifold to mount the turbo to.

I am going to run a water to air inter-cooler .  Most likely will run a pump and water storage tank inside the car to run reaaally kool water through the inter-cooler when I turn the boost up on the strip.

Probalby will start with 7-8 # of boost and then turn the wick up on the power as I learn the fuel / ignition  curve the motor likes. Not more than 15 - 18 # of boost at the peak.

Time will tell I guess

Changes at work?  ====== they are still coming down the road.  Some have happened.  The shop asked for more production , I re-thought my assembly process.  A few idears hit me outta the blue.

I had gotten lazy and stuck in a rut/process.   :shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Kustm52

Hey enjenjo, what ever happend to the Willys-Knight? Just wondering... I still get a laugh thinking about the ladies at the DMV office when I registered it.."A what? That was made by Ford, right?"

Oh, hey everyone, I haven't posted in probably a year or so, been busy building a new house...and I'm way overdue for a new project...but I've got to clean the shop first!

Brian

enjenjo

That was a Falcon-Knight, and I'm working on it. Not making much progress, but working on it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Kustm52

Duhh....yep, you're right. That was why they wought it was a Ford!

Brian

Great thread....I'm always curious as to what everyone's up to in the shop! I have been extremely busy with work but see a major break in the not too distant future.Still trying to finish up the 36 Coupe for Kansas City in less than 2 weeks....I'm giving it hell but not holding my breath :roll:  Up next will be adding power steering/brakes and A/C to the wife's 55...would like to have the work completed so she can drive her birthday present out to dinner on her birthday but I'm not holding my breath on that one either!After that,I'll get busy on the 37 Flatback project...the new chassis is finished and the body is temporarily set back in place.And....If I'm still not dead yet....I'll start to work on my newly aquired 35 2dr Flatback :?
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

47wood

Well I'm still coming along on the 47 Ford woodie.  Chassi is done, imron black with coil overs, 11" disc all around, the LS1 w/4L60e painted, tricked out (they finally got the custom headers right on the 3rd try), computer reprogrammed, new 20 gallon Rock Valley stainless tank with fuel pumped mounted is hardlined in, 9-inch Ford Possi with 3.70 gears, an old S-10 drive shaft cut and installed, Iditit tilt wheel installed and the body epoxy primered.  Now I'm fitting the wood which is a real project as it involves half original wood and the rest new although some of it has been sitting for 12 years ...lots of hand fitting and trimming.  One of these days it's going to be mistaken for a real woodie streetrod.

Then sitting beside it is a 48 Merc Woodie original survivor waiting restoration that I found in Canada.  Less than 1900 of these were manufactured ...it is lowered in the front plus a Pete & Jake setup in back.

Then Friday I drive to Texas to pick up a 41 Ford woodie that belonged to this guys grandpa.  It's been sitting in storage since 1956 ...never started or moved.  Don't know what I'm going to do with it yet.

So, there is nothing here a few thousand hours won't solve.

Cal   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

flamefink

Looks like everybody has their hands full for the rest of the fall, on into winter and possibly even into spring.

Well I thought that was going to be the same plan for myself. I thought I was going to be smart and start thrashing on the "A" right after K'zoo and have it in primer by spring. I even went to the extent of already having every part # and price for everthing that needs attention or replacement.

That was the plan up until about 2weeks ago when I got a call from a friend of the family. After a visit to his house, this is what followed me home.

It's a 61 Chevy Parkwood Wagon with the orginal 283 and powerglide. I've wanted this car for many years and my friend has finally decided to let it go. Hes the 2nd owner and he bought it in Texas back in '74. He drove it only in the summers up until the early 90's and parked it because it needed engine work. It's been sitting in his back yard ever since.

After bringing it home and assessing where it needs attention, I re-evaluated my plan of attack on the cars for the winter and figured I could take on the wagon after finishing up the "A" early. Man, was I wrong. I got a call from another one of my friends earlier this week. As of 3:30 yesterday, we are now the proud owners of a 1963 Buick Riviera :roll: . Once again, a deal we couldn't pass up. The car is all original with the 401 Nailhead and the Dynoflow trans. It hasn't been licensed since 1990 and the interior has deffinately seen better days from being stored in a humid barn with the windows down. According to the guy we bought it from, the car has 12,062 original miles on it.

I'll have pics next week when we bring it home.

To top it all off, my mom has reached her breaking point of waiting for her car.

Her exact words were "FINISH IT OR SELL IT."
Moms car has been "under construction" since 1989 :oops:, so of course first things first.

It really is a shame we haven't finished it. The car is on a brand new Lobeck Frame with a magnum dropped axle & brakes, 4 bar front and rear, 9" rear, SSBC complete brake line kit, engine and tranny are there, with a haywire wiring harness , vintage air a/c-heat unit, flaming river column, classic instruments gauges, all original appolstery, and walker radiator all ready to go in. Even the paint is on the shelf. All it really needs is wheels/tires and a top wood kit.

So to make a long story short, it looks like the A is going to see atleast one more rodding season of patina and the others may get patched up enough to be mobile.
Do you need a tetanus shot to ride in that thing?

34ford

This is the 34 I'm building. Ready for the final going over for the low spots and then ready for primer. Have to get the air compressor filtering system set up so I can start the spraying process. Should have it painted this fall/winter and do the upholstery after that. Have the hides and the carpeting so were ready to do  that once the paint is done. Been too long on this project.

bob