Question about steering hook up?

Started by seadog, August 20, 2005, 12:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadog

It's time to mock up the steering linkage on my Deuce 5 window project.  When I got the rolling chassis it came with Flaming River steering joints; three of them: a vibration damper, and two other regular single joints.  All are 3/4inch x 36 spline.  I have found that I need a 9/16 x 17 spline joint at the rack with a 36 spline on the other end.  Flaming River doesn't have this size, but Borgeson does.  Is there any reason not to mix the two brands in the same system?  Seems like it wouldn't matter but I thought I'd ask some of the more experienced folks here.  Thanks.

enjenjo

Go ahead and mix them, no problem.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tomslik

Quote from: "seadog"It's time to mock up the steering linkage on my Deuce 5 window project.  When I got the rolling chassis it came with Flaming River steering joints; three of them: a vibration damper, and two other regular single joints.  All are 3/4inch x 36 spline.  I have found that I need a 9/16 x 17 spline joint at the rack with a 36 spline on the other end.  Flaming River doesn't have this size, but Borgeson does.  Is there any reason not to mix the two brands in the same system?  Seems like it wouldn't matter but I thought I'd ask some of the more experienced folks here.  Thanks.

???
what kind of rack?

btw, it won't hurt to mix 'em....just trying to save ya a buck...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

seadog

???
what kind of rack?

btw, it won't hurt to mix 'em....just trying to save ya a buck...[/quote]

It's in a Kugel open wheel IFS, I am told by Kugel that it is a Fiat rack.

tomslik

Quote from: "seadog"???
what kind of rack?

btw, it won't hurt to mix 'em....just trying to save ya a buck...

It's in a Kugel open wheel IFS, I am told by Kugel that it is a Fiat rack.[/quote]

ok, thought it might be something else....
guyess i'm no help
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list