New guy here.

Started by count scrapula, August 09, 2005, 10:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

count scrapula

Hello, been lurkin for a while. Guess it's time to do an intro.
I'm 35. I live in middle Tennessee. I've been into cars for as long as I can remember.

Previous projects include 34 Ford pickup, 33 Chevy pickup, 47 Studebaker pickup (i'm startin to see a pattern here).

My current ride is a 66 Ford Fairlane. It's a daily driver. It was also my first car. Still has my high school parking permit in the window.

Here's a pic of my current project, although, it may have to be sold to finance my new shop. Lots of others to work on though. Other projects include 32 Ford pickup, 50 Chevy pickup, 27 Ford roadster pickup ( there's that pattern again), and 27 one man modified.

Later
Count

enjenjo

I like your patern, most of my hot rods have been pickups. Welcome to the RRT.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Hi there, welcoem to the RRT.  Your screen name looks fimiliar from the HAMB.  Glad you found your way over here.  Lots of great folks with tons of knowledge to share.  Your going to enjoy yourself.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

slocrow

Welcome. So what's with the valve covers, I mean what are they as they look like center bolt yet like old Olds? Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

rooster

Dirk35

count scrapula

Quote from: "slocrow"Welcome. So what's with the valve covers, I mean what are they as they look like center bolt yet like old Olds? Frank
They are indeed 50's Olds valve covers. The engine is a late model 350 Chev. The Olds valve covers fit over the Chevy valve covers. It requires relocating the oil fill and the pcv valve.

Before you ask why anybody would make such a modification with all the aftermarket valve covers available, well it's just because I wanted a vintage look for this engine, and because my gramps was an Olds man.

count scrapula

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Hi there, welcoem to the RRT.  Your screen name looks fimiliar from the HAMB.  Glad you found your way over here.  Lots of great folks with tons of knowledge to share.  Your going to enjoy yourself.
You are correct. I'm also on the HAMB under the same name. I met Mike and some of the Poor Boys from Nashville. Mike invited to Big Olds' ueveiling party, but I was unable to come. Too bad I would have liked to have met you.

Later
Count

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "count scrapula"Mike invited to Big Olds' ueveiling party, but I was unable to come. Too bad I would have liked to have met you.

Later
Count

Neither one of us is dead yet so the likelyhood of meeting one of these days is still possible. :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"

Neither one of us is dead yet so the likelyhood of meeting one of these days is still possible. :wink:

And some would say there is a possibility you will have an opportunity to hook up when you are dead.

Are there hot rods in heaven?  How could it be heaven without them?
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Crosley.In.AZ

welcome aboard the RRT board....  

we are a bit more mellow here than the HAMB  

:arrow:  :twisted:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

47wood

Welcome to the RRT ...and thanks for posting a pic.  It's alway encouraging to see other guys rides.  Cal   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

earl schieb

Hey Dennis! Good to see ya here!  8)  Is the modified a new project or am I having memory loss :?: ...

Y'all, the Count is one good guy...

count scrapula

Quote from: "earl schieb"Hey Dennis! Good to see ya here!  8)  Is the modified a new project or am I having memory loss :?: ...

Y'all, the Count is one good guy...
The modified is basically just a cowl, doors, and a flathead at this time. It's at the bottom of the list.

It's lookin like I'm gonna sell the '46 Chev. to finance other things.
I might just pay off the house and go into semi retirement.  :lol: Anybody interested. I'll make ya a good deal.

Later
Count

SMF Speed&Custom

Ay there Count. I thought I saw your name before as well. I do know Bib though heh. How much are you wanting for the Chevy? Also where at in TN do you live? I go to Dandridge (sp?) TN quite a bit. Are you anywhere near there? I don't think I spelled it right at all but it sounds like that at least, I am surprised I even thought of the name.  :lol: You have my dream vehicle though, a 1933 Chevy truck. I almost bought one from a guy out here but he wanted 3500 and it needed WAY too much work and he primered over all the rust and everything.
If you want something done right then you have to do it yourself!