Rainin cats and dogs in louisville

Started by Dave, August 05, 2005, 04:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Thats the word from my brother 348tripower. He said ez ups were flying every where ? I told him to call me back later and give me the scoop and I hoped they didnt have a big flood again. Hummmm Big Olds  doesnt have a top ? My brother is in the pickum up and on high ground...

Dave
ps: any from michigan going to Mich speedway for the show tomorrow ????????

phat rat

I hope everyone's ok with no damage. Glad I stayed home. How about you?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

rooster

Wish I was there! Maybe the rain cooled things off, I think it was 102 yesterday. (normal)

awsum34

Heard 1 rodder got struck by lighting. or lighting struck by him, they took him to the hospital.  one area had around 25 cars damaged by fling tents
The only dumb question is the one you don\'t ask

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"I hope everyone's ok with no damage. Glad I stayed home. How about you?

Well I hate storms when im at a show so I guess im glad im here. Got a lot done the last 2 days and im looking forward to a show tomorow and sprint cars at the dirt track tomorrow nite. It aint been much of a vacation for me yet.. work work work. Im really impressed with the new furnace i put in and ive got everything set I think and the central air is working great so I guess its been worth missing louisville...
Dave
ps; I hope everyone is okay down there and I hope the ezups didnt cause too much damage.

alchevy

My car survived the storm ok. This morning got off with a bang...walked into the vendor's area when it opened up at 9am and went to a couple of booths (got right in the middle of the large building talking to one of the guys at the Street Rod Builder magazine booth) and all of a sudden...the lights went out! Stayed out until about 1:30pm or 2pm. Wings got cranked back up outside on a generator and announced that a truck had hit a power pole and most of the power was off in that end of the town.

When the power came back on, the thunderstorm started outside. I'm thankfull there were folks back at the tent where my group was at so that they could secure the area and put the windows up. Ask me why I have not put power windows in my '40?
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Charlie Chops 1940

Anybody see Ohio Blue Tip and Slocro? How's the gathering going?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

reborn55

One of the guys trying to hold Streetrodding .com tent down got struck by lightning--was taken to hospital but is out and driving his street rod around.

Leon

Quote from: "reborn55"One of the guys trying to hold Streetrodding .com tent down got struck by lightning--was taken to hospital but is out and driving his street rod around.
He's now known as "Sparky" :lol:
Glad to hear he's OK

Carps

In ten trips to Louisville there's not been one that it didn't rain.

I guess maybe it's good that I'm stuck here at home, sounds like it's pretty ornery over there.  Hope nobody suffers any more than a few damp sanwiches in the picanic basket.

Geez, No top on Big Olds?  Hope the upholstery doesn't shrink.   :shock:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

34ford

Well up and at em for the day. Did a long 725mi 12 hour trip home from the nationals yesterday. :shock:  Here's some pics of the rain. I was out talking to Bob K at the RRT site and a few rain drops started falling and we thought nothing of it. Cloudy and hazy and nothing threating on the horizon. WRONG.. There were a couple of lighting bolts and then the sky opened up and the wind started blowing. Bob and I were holding the canopies by now and them and Denise and Rudy showed up and another couple who I failed to get there names. It kept raining harder and faster and and the wind was blowing harder (50-60) mph gust) the water was rising under out feet. It was ankle deep by now and Bob mentioned the flood of ???? and the water even got up to Rudys knees :shock:  (Denise will have to post that pic she took to prove that point). Bob took refuge on the table seat so he wouldn't drown. :P  Then one of the Franks showed up (think it was the young good looking one)  :roll:   and helped hold the canopy down also. After things let up I headed back to the expo building and took these shoots of the site. Notice all the mangled canopies in the background. Denise said she wasn't worried about wet seat just didn't want a ruined paint job. Glad it wasn't the RRT one that got struck by lighting. Bob and I were talking about that just before the storm started and yet we still stood there and hugh on tight.

bob

av8

I'd love to know how Gary Meadors arranges for all this mischief. :D

Nick32Vic

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Anybody see Ohio Blue Tip and Slocro? How's the gathering going?

Charlie

Ya i saw em!!!!!! Just remember, your NEVER safe!!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :D

Nick

phat rat

A normal portrait of the pair :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

alchevy

Made it home today. We stopped last night on I-65 and ate supper at Stan's Restaurant in Columbia, TN at exit 46. Very nice food at this place...you should stop by there if you are cruising down I-65 below Nashville, TN. Then we found several motel rooms for the night and got a good night's sleep before did the last leg of the trip. Had 13 street rods up there this year from Central Mississippi.

I heard that the giveaway pickup went to the best friend of the guy that won the pickup last year and they were sitting beside each other when his number was drawn.

Another tale from the rain event: A guy bought a street rod up there, paid $125,000 for it...then one hour later, the storm came in and (did I mention it was a convertible?) it filled up with water because the top was down. Water got into all of the power stuff that controlled everything including the air bags and it was on the ground.

It was nice to meet several of you.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com