Holiday in the USA

Started by SimonSez, August 01, 2005, 01:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shine

you'll like hico. it's about 20 miles from us. it's one of the small texas towns that almost died but was brought back. lots of stuff going on every weekend. live music in the street , lots of good eats. have a safe trip

WZ JUNK

If you have time in the Springfield area there are at least two towns of interest.  One is Branson, MO  http://explorebranson.com/ (about 35 miles south of Springfield) and the other is Eureka Springs, Arkansas http://arkansas.com/city-listings/city_detail/city/Eureka+Springs/siteid/19/bannerid/13  (about 75 mile south and west of Springfield.  These are not car related events but rather something you could do to fill in a couple of days.  Take a look at the sites and they will give you an idea of the attractions.

Sorry I will not see you at Bonneville but I will be at the HAMB drags.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Okiedokie

As you drive I44 west toward OKC you can take the Afton Oklahoma exit and visit the Darryl Starbird Custom Auto musuem. In the Tulsa area you could visit Jim Smiths Hot Rod Garage in Sand Springs. You would take 244 WEST on the east side of Tulsa, follow it to 412 West, then exit at highway 97 south. Go under 412, take first right [service road right by highway] go to industrial area and turn left. HRG is on your right. You can take highway 97 south back to I44. They really build some nice stuff.

flt-blk

I'm in Dallas and going to the HAMB drags.

Hopefully we can cross paths.  I will PM you my
phone number in case you need anything in Dallas.

TZ
Philosophy of hot rods
The welder is the Yin and the Grinder is the Yang

Sean

Quote from: "HOTRODSRJ"
If you around Austin.....and ya love ribs and barbeque....ya got to go to the best joint in the nation in Driftwood Texas called the Salt Lick.  Wow...what an experience.  

Don't listen to the Texans, the best BBQ in the world is in Kansas City Missouri... :wink:

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Sean"
Quote from: "HOTRODSRJ"
If you around Austin.....and ya love ribs and barbeque....ya got to go to the best joint in the nation in Driftwood Texas called the Salt Lick.  Wow...what an experience.  

Don't listen to the Texans, the best BBQ in the world is in Kansas City Missouri... :wink:

That may be but last time I looked Steve was from Georgia not Texas  :lol:

SimonSez

Thanks for all the tips and links !

We're not going to Kansas City, so we'll have to settle for the Texas BBQ  :D    Something tells me that's not going to be too much of a hardship !!