Testing Webshots

Started by av8, March 11, 2004, 04:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

av8

I've used Webshots in the past, in addition to StarPhoto. I just created a new album on Webshots and want to see if I can upload a picture file here.

av8

Went back using Georges recommended hosting site and his instructions for using it and have corrected this post as well . . .

34ford

Webshots will not let you link a picture to them. You can copy link from the red x box and go to it that way but usually it won't show the picture. You can link a photo in Star photo

bob

purplepickup

Mike I use Picturetrail and it seems real dependable but after a 30 day trial period it costs $19 buck a year but I figure it's worth it for me because I'm always doing lots of things with pictures and I need a place to host them sometimes.  Like anything, it takes a little getting used to but once you get the hang of it, it only takes a couple of minutes to upload a pic and insert it in a message.  

My albums are just an unorganized bunch of stuff that's posted all over the internet but this is what it looks like. http://www.picturetrail.com/tirebiter  and here's the site info http://www.picturetrail.com/

Here's a couple of pics I just uploaded

George

av8

George -- Thanks for the heads-up about Picture Trail. I'll take a look and see what it's about. The price is right.

BTW, I looked as this thread a little while back and both of my Webshots pictures appeared in place of the red X. This time they didn't. Strange . . .

That's a great-lookin' Rambler, kind of familiar, even.  :lol: What a fun racecar it was, never gave us any agony whatsoever. Sure miss seeing it sitting in the shed in the Prune Orchard.

[/quote]

av8

George -- Just signed up with Picture Trail, loaded a dozen pics in a new album, and just need to know how to tailor the file address to work on the RRT. So far it's as slick as host I've seen!

TIA for any direction.

Mike

purplepickup

Yeah, I thought you would like the Salt and Peppers pic.  :D  

In Picturetrail, when you click on the thumbnail in your album and it comes up as the larger size, you right click on it and a box will pop up that you have to click on "properties" then you'll see a window pop up like the one in this picture....probably the same as you do with Starphoto.  Then just copy the url address (hilited in this pic) and paste it in your message here.  You do have to hilite it again here and click on the Img button to make it viewable.

When you're uploading pictures at picturetrail you also have the option to upload them at different sizes.  
George

av8

Quote from: "purplepickup"Yeah, I thought you would like the Salt and Peppers pic.  :D  

In Picturetrail, when you click on the thumbnail in your album and it comes up as the larger size, you right click on it and a box will pop up that you have to click on "properties" then you'll see a window pop up like the one in this picture....probably the same as you do with Starphoto.  Then just copy the url address (hilited in this pic) and paste it in your message here.  You do have to hilite it again here and click on the Img button to make it viewable.

When you're uploading pictures at picturetrail you have the option to upload them at different sizes.  I did this one bigger on purpose so you could see the text but normally this is a little large to put in a post.

Okay, let's see if I got it right . . .

http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL64/2013751/inbox/70077.jpg

av8

Quote from: "purplepickup"Yeah, I thought you would like the Salt and Peppers pic.  :D  

When you're uploading pictures at picturetrail you have the option to upload them at different sizes.  I did this one bigger on purpose so you could see the text but normally this is a little large to put in a post.

Okay, let's see if I got it right . . .

av8

I'm ready to try this one solo . . .

av8

Good heads-up to PictureTrail and excellent instructions, George. Looks like you have more than a couple of cold ones coming your way at SpeedWeek '04! Thanks much for putting the fun back in picture posting for me.

Mike

purplepickup

Glad I could help.  I've been quietly using PictureTrail for 3 or 4 years now.  I say quietly because I'm not sure they welcome mass hosting of pictures that are posted on other sites.  At first I had to tweak their Url address to get it to work.  Now it is ready to use the way it is so maybe they have changed their policy.  I think part of the reason it works so well is that it isn't being overused.  I hope it continues to be able to handle the useage as it grows.
George

av8

Quote from: "purplepickup"Glad I could help.  I've been quietly using PictureTrail for 3 or 4 years now.  I say quietly because I'm not sure they welcome mass hosting of pictures that are posted on other sites.  At first I had to tweak their Url address to get it to work.  Now it is ready to use the way it is so maybe they have changed their policy.  I think part of the reason it works so well is that it isn't being overused.  I hope it continues to be able to handle the useage as it grows.

My USPS MO for $19.95 will be winging its way to them Monday morning. It is the easiest, quickeast host site I've seen so far. Again, thanks.

Mike

purplepickup

Ha, it took me a minute Tony....wingin it....I get it now :lol:  :roll:

Hey Mike, do you have just this part of that picture above that is larger so you can see the detail?  It looks interesting.

George

av8

Quote from: "purplepickup"Ha, it took me a minute Tony....wingin it....I get it now :lol:  :roll:

Hey Mike, do you have just this part of that picture above that is larger so you can see the detail?  It looks interesting.

Is it the firewall you're interested in, George? I'm working on a how-to article for doing metal embossing, for either SRB, AR, of RD (publisher's choice on placement). In the meantime, here are some pictures of the blank firewall, the dies, and the embossed firewall.

Mike