So...who's still going to Bonneville?

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, July 25, 2005, 09:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OFOF

Mickey and I will be rolling into Wendover on Friday and departing on the Goodguys tour to Spokane on Tuesday morning.  Lookin' forward to seeing you all again.  I will be in my '47 Sedan this year (Purple, flames, wide whites, etc).
Don.
Don Palfreyman

bucketmouth

Did I say one more sleep and we're on our way :?:  :D
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

sirstude

Hi all,

As I stated in my posted listing my room, the sky just fell in on my trip down, so I guess we will see you all next year, I am going to put in for the time as soon as I can verify the dates.  

Don, I will probably see you and Mickey in Spokane, is he taking his RPU?

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

MO_JUNK

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Have been steady thrashing away at little stuff on the '40 and the Mullins Redcap: new mufflers & tailpipes. radiator shroud. degunked the battery hot lead, new front seats, changed oil and filter, spare belts and radiator hoses, put a wrench on basically everything I could touch, a few more wire ties here and there, and new wiring on the trailer..

I think it's ready to go. It'll be the longest single trip in 26 years and 141,000 miles. 5 more wakeups and we're off for a liesure tour of the corn states,Colorado and Utah.

Charlie

Charlie, sure wish I was going this year. I can't believe it's been three years since we were there and Hooley got the itch. Too much money for me this year but I'll be there in spirit. I told brother and Hooley to "go fast". Have a safe trip. For me there's nothing that compares to being on the open road in a hot rod. I'm now starting to wonder if I should take off to L'ville Friday night. I may see some of you there. Be Safe-Sam

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "DRD57"I have to shoot over to SLC to pick up my GF from the airport.

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  My heart is broken.  All along I thought you were saving yourself for me  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Seriously, I'm very happy for you Don.  Sounds like this one likes the hot rod scene if she's willing to travel to the salt.

Everyone travel safe and take lots-o-photos for those of us stuck at home.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

OFOF

Hi Doug,  The current plan is to both travel in the sedan and split the cost of fuel, ect.  Mick may drive the RPU on the salt and then store it in a friends place while we do the GG thing.  We will be passing through Wendover on the return home and we can pick it up then.  

Please say Hi at Spokane.  I will be working the GG membership booth so they should have a schedule of my hours if you can't find me on the grounds.  Mickey will be there somewhere.  We'll be leaving for Portland about 11:00 on Sunday.

Don.
Don Palfreyman

Charlie Chops 1940

Just got logged on as a guest at a B&B in Silverton Colorado. Sharon and I are a week out as of tomorrow morning and have traveled just shy 2500 miles. Our route looks like a zigzar across the country. The '40 is performing flawlessly - burned nay drop of oil. The A/C hit our expectations for the first 3 days through Kansas where we saw 105 Monday afternoon. We drove up Pikes Peak Tuesday afternoon.

Wednesday we went to Cripple Creek and on to the active mining town of Victor. I asked the girl at the vistors center how the gravel road was from Victor to Canon City...she says 20 miles of gravel with some wash board and 10 miles of pavement. No Problem. The gravel part was wash board almost all the way. I now have a new definition of "washboard".  It took 2-1/2 hours for that 20 miles, but WOW, what a beautiful drive. Sharon says that this is the end of the gravel roads as her insides are permanently displaced. The whole day was just shy of 90 miles.

Thursday was the Royal Gorge and the National Sand Dune Monument...looked to me like they hauled the Lake Michigan sand dunes in there, lock, stock, and barrel.

Today saw a nice stop at the Cumbres and Toltec narrow gauge train yards in Chama, NM. It was a no-train day and the Friends of the T & C RR were having a work week rebuilding various pieces of rolling stock and real estate maintenance. Could have went to work very easily.

Tomorrow it's on for a 4-state tour by virtuue of driving down to the 4-corners and then on to Blanding, UT. We'll wait there for the Louisville  and other contingents of the RRT/HAMB 2005 Bonneville Tour.

DO IT IN A HOT ROD!

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

purplepickup

Thanks for your report from the road Charlie.     It sounds like you're having another trip of a lifetime and making some great memories :D
George

Elmo Rodge

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"
Quote from: "DRD57"I have to shoot over to SLC to pick up my GF from the airport.

Sounds like this one likes the hot rod scene if she's willing to travel to the salt.
Denise, she just wants him for his tender, young body. That said, I'll be there in the ELMOBILE with "New improved brakes". Wayno

Cword

See you guys at Sumners tomorrow evening.
I'm in Pocatello ID tonight and leg 1 from Calgary to here has gone super smooth. One wind wing fell off, but I caught it.

Mike

BTW

My new salt cruiser

--

sirstude

MIke,

Thanks for dropping off everything.  I heard the phone ring at work, and was on the other side of the office and missed it.  Stop on the way back if you have time.

Doug

ps.  Don't overdose on salt.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Cword

You're welcome Doug,

When I went to post the first package they told me a week to 10 days. I figured I could do that myself, so I did.  That's why I added the extra too.

We'll try and catch you on the way home, but we haven't decided what day we're headed back yet.

Mike
Really looking forward to Sumners hike tomorrow.

Quote from: "sirstude"MIke,

Thanks for dropping off everything.  I heard the phone ring at work, and was on the other side of the office and missed it.  Stop on the way back if you have time.

Doug

ps.  Don't overdose on salt.
--

Crosley.In.AZ

we leave the phoenix area after lunch on thursday..  

Janice has stuff to do at work in the morning , then we are off towards  the salt.

I've got the vehicle loaded , ready to go
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Leon

We're all loaded, leaving as soon as Sharon gets off work.  Hauling the Knott's Berry Farm "Berrywagon" to the salt..... :cry:  :D

OFOF

Had lunch with Mr. Klessig today in Ogden and heard from Liz Kitzul and her group approaching Salt Lake City.  Looks like we'll all be in
Wendover tomorrow.

Don.
Don Palfreyman