Drove my car. Another 32 Vicky update

Started by Nick32Vic, July 25, 2005, 02:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MO_JUNK

Nick, I just sent you a PM. I heard you were also planning to attend both the Frog Follies and the HAMB Drags the same weekend. I'm doing the same. Let me know if you want to run with me and stay over at my place in Rolla on Friday night. Your car looks sweet. Good luck on your maiden voyage. Sam

Nick32Vic

Quote from: "MO_JUNK"Nick, I just sent you a PM. I heard you were also planning to attend both the Frog Follies and the HAMB Drags the same weekend. I'm doing the same. Let me know if you want to run with me and stay over at my place in Rolla on Friday night. Your car looks sweet. Good luck on your maiden voyage. Sam

Thanks again everyone. We got everything done except for the fan shroud. It doesnt need it to cool but im afraid a little kid is gonna stick there hand in it.

We had some brake issues that were an easy fix which was good.

I got probably 50 or so miles on the car and the only other problem we ran into is fluid is leaking out of the top of the tranny around the base that the shifter goes in. Its not bad though so it will do for now.

Sam, I didnt get your PM, send it again.

Nick

Dirk35

Thats awesome!!!

I cannot wait till I get to say the same.

Bob K

Saw the car today, it is KICK A**, didn't get to hear it run, will tomorrow. I'll keep you posted. Gonna take me for a ride Nick.

B 8)  B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

WZ JUNK

Congratulations.  What a story.   Have lots of fun.  I will see you in about 3 weeks or so.  I have a little business to do first at this hot white flat place out west.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

X38

Good for you Nick, just goes to show what can be done if you hang in there. Enjoy the miles.

n.c.rodder

Nick,
Saw your car running around Louisville all weekend. It really looks great!!

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

alchevy

Here's the pictures I took of the street rods in the area of the RRT tents. It was good to see Nick's car there. We were talking about Big Olds and how the color is different when you see it vs seeing digital pictures of it. My picture of it is close.

Where are the pictures taken of the group??
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Nick32Vic

Ya, i had fun in louisville. Cool pics Al. Heres a pic i took.

bucketmouth

It was good to see your car at the Nats after following your build up here.
Sorry I couldn't talk to you longer but it seemed like cruising was the only thing on your mind.
You done well. 8)
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Nick32Vic

Quote from: "bucketmouth"It was good to see your car at the Nats after following your build up here.
Sorry I couldn't talk to you longer but it seemed like cruising was the only thing on your mind.
You done well. 8)

No man, IM sorry! I we would have seen each other at the RRT tent or something.

Nick

BELLM

Nice to meet you last Sunday.  Very nice car!!

bucketmouth

What's happened Nic32vic haven't seen you on here lately.
Have you done any more work to the Vicky since the nats?
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

donsrods

What's happened Nic32vic haven't seen you on here lately.
Have you done any more work to the Vicky since the nats?

Too busy drivin. :D  :D  :D  :D

Don

Dave

Quote from: "Nick32vic"Couldnt have went better! I got to drive my hot rod under its own power for the first time, and it just happened to fall on my birthday!

We started the motor, something went wrong with the carb, and flooded the engine. So we put new plugs in and swapped the carb and it ran fine. We dropped it off the jack stands and I pulled it out of the garage!

So i pull further down the driveway, still good. Dad walks around and checks things out, stil good. I pull out onto the road. First gear sounds good. Second gear sounds good. I get to the culdisac and things are going great. It died when i pulled into the driveway but thats just because i didnt give it enough gas.

So my dad tells me to scoot over. He starts it up and backs out. We start to go down the road. It was the coolest ever. Im sitting next to my dad, driving down the road, in a car weve been working on for 4 years. The feeling cant be described.It was emaculate. haha.

The rear tires rubbed the wheel wells a little bit but that was pretty much the only problem.

I was expecting the worse but got the best! Nothing serious is wrong. It looks like we might make the nationals, i think you guys are the only ones who thought we could do it. So i thank you, for having faith.

Stuff to do:

* Adjust the brakes
   * Adjust the coil-overs
   * Mount the headlights
   * Wire the lights
   * Fix the carb
   * replace the fuel filter
   * Install the glass
   * Make a fan shroud if time allows
   * Shake down cruise!

So i leave you with some pictures of my car and a rad birthday cake my dad decorated.

Nick

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. Good going Nick. My dad passed away January 18th. Man im gonna miss the old ^&*(K But he sure liked hot rods and I never got to take him for a ride in the 32 or the 34 for that matter but he did ride in the 30 I built cause he had a little money in it and it was his idea I build another rod rather than go racing... Let your dad take it a lot and burn rubber too :lol:  :lol:  I hope someday My kids at least the oldest (he is the mechainal type)will take me cruzin in his toy.
Dave :!: