Drove my car. Another 32 Vicky update

Started by Nick32Vic, July 25, 2005, 02:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick32Vic

Couldnt have went better! I got to drive my hot rod under its own power for the first time, and it just happened to fall on my birthday!

We started the motor, something went wrong with the carb, and flooded the engine. So we put new plugs in and swapped the carb and it ran fine. We dropped it off the jack stands and I pulled it out of the garage!

So i pull further down the driveway, still good. Dad walks around and checks things out, stil good. I pull out onto the road. First gear sounds good. Second gear sounds good. I get to the culdisac and things are going great. It died when i pulled into the driveway but thats just because i didnt give it enough gas.

So my dad tells me to scoot over. He starts it up and backs out. We start to go down the road. It was the coolest ever. Im sitting next to my dad, driving down the road, in a car weve been working on for 4 years. The feeling cant be described.It was emaculate. haha.

The rear tires rubbed the wheel wells a little bit but that was pretty much the only problem.

I was expecting the worse but got the best! Nothing serious is wrong. It looks like we might make the nationals, i think you guys are the only ones who thought we could do it. So i thank you, for having faith.

Stuff to do:

* Adjust the brakes
   * Adjust the coil-overs
   * Mount the headlights
   * Wire the lights
   * Fix the carb
   * Replace the fuel filter
   * Install the glass
   * Make a fan shroud if time allows
   * Shake down cruise!

So i leave you with some pictures of my car and a rad birthday cake my dad decorated.

Nick

alchevy

That feeling cannot be described in words...you have to do it to know what it feels like! Your car looks BAD TO THA BONE even when it's sitting still, can't wait to see you and it cruising around the fairgrounds at Louisville.

Just one question: Is your mouth sore from grinning from ear to ear yet??
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

rumrumm

Great feeling, isn't it. Congratulations!!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

slocrow

That a way Nick. Congrats and a Birthday wish of many miles ahead for you............
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

rooster

Now thats a great Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!1 Way to go Nick. No 103 degree's can stop you now! :D

EMSjunkie

Congrats Nick!!

the only feeling that will come close to
the first drive, could happen in the
back seat  :shock:  :oops:

keep up the good work.
she looks *'

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Sean

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "Nick32vic"So my dad tells me to scoot over. He starts it up and backs out. We start to go down the road. It was the coolest ever. Im sitting next to my dad, driving down the road, in a car weve been working on for 4 years. The feeling cant be described.

That sounds like a treasured memory that you will carry with you for the rest of your life!

Congrats for the build! ...I'm sure it will be a lot of fun driving it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

CLSSY56

Way Cool Nick.... I see your over here too ;) Boy... I should get out more..... so... when are ya going to drag race my "Family Hot Rod" LOL ;)
Tri-5 Chevy Paint Code, Picture, Forum & Info Web Site
http://www.Tri-5Chevy.com
**V562403** - eBay

purplepickup

Awesome Nick!  You deserve every inch of that big ####-eating grin you've surely got 8)  You don't make hard earned memories like that every day!
George

BELLM

Wow!  What a great post!  Happy birthday!  I am a father, and a grandfather.   I know you probably realize this but the time you and your dad spent building this cool car is priceless.  Congratulations on your first drive!

Happy Birthday.....Late as usual....and congratulations! See ya in L'Ville!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

bucketmouth

Good on ya kid you deserve a pat on the back. It's a great achievement at your age and the father and son bonding shows through.
Nothing is like your first experience. 8)
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

RatBandit

That is a wicked looking car.  I would have the same **** eatting grin on my face if it was my car running, but I'm gona need some more time.  Congrats!!!

reborn55

Nice job Nick.  Can't make NATS this year--hopefully I will get to see it at Frog Follies.  Happy Birthday.