Woodward Dream Cruz anyone Gonna be there?

Started by hotrodbob, July 24, 2005, 03:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrodbob

This is a good year for me. Hot August nights and then I gotta go back to Detroit for work just in time for Woodward Dream Cruz weekend.

Anyone gonna be there? I'll be walking this time they wont let me bring the coupe on as carry-on baggage
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/

HotRodLadyCrusr

I'll be there.  If you would like to go for a ride in Big Olds by all means call me.  I'll be there every nite after work all week long.  I'm doing the parade in Berkley on Friday nite, starts at 7pm at the corner of 12 Mile Rd and heads west.  I usually hang out at around 14 1/2 Mile Rd on Saturday.  Saturday evening a HAMB guy is hanving a huge bash with bands a block from Woodward.

My cell number is 734-673-6930
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

hotrodbob

Great!, That sounds good. I'll be staying in Flint, but that's just a short drive away(California standard). I will get to Detroit on Monday August 15th.

My Cell is 562-756-5046

I'll try and get with you on this. I'll be working most of the week (before the cruz) and they have some evening stuff for me to do, but cool car stuff is higher on the food chain.
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.

hotrodbob

Just a few days left. Anyone else gonna be there? :?:
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.

parklane

Ya, I'm goin to be there on Sat with a few of my buddies,
John
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

Roadstar

I'll be there hanging with some friends and cruising the week before in the evenings. If you Hookup with Denise you'll probably run into me in my Roadster. Look for a 32 hiboy with a big 57 on the doors.

Saturday is no fun anymore so I'll probably just go the the shop and get some work done.

Red LeClear

I don't post on the RRT very often, but look alot.  My son and I are planning on being there.  I drive a dark blue fenderless 29 Model A coupe.  My son and I have been rebuilding a 67 Chevy pick-up that's lowered with an airbag suspension, and it's in grey primer.  We tend to hang out north of 12 Mile, cruising most of the time but stopping when we can find a decent spot.  Is there a spot where the RRT are planning on meeting?  I'd llike to meet up with others.

hotrodbob

There has not been a formal meeting point set and I'm not familiar with the area enough to know where to suggest, but that sounds good to me.

Anyone have an idea where would be good?

I'll be in the area working next week and will check posts in the evenings. PM me if ya want. An RRT mini meet?
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.

HotRodLadyCrusr

There are no plans for a meet and greet with RRT folks.  Roadstar, Beatnik and I usually hang around the 13 1/2 Mile Rd Shell station in the evenings starting tonight, Friday and thru next Thursday.  Wednewday evening a group of us will be having dinner at The Red Coat Tavern which is right across the street from Duggins at 13 1/3 Mile Rd.  They have great burgers and stuff.  Long wait for a table but the action outside on Woodward Ave while your waiting is AWESOME.  Friday evening, the 19th, I will be doing a parade at 12 Mile and Woodward in Berkely.  My girlfriend Jozette will be hanging out with me that nite.  Saturday, the 20th, during the day I'll be at 14 1/2 mile Rd with my parents car club.

Anyone at anytime next week can call me on my cell phone and I'll tell you whos with me and where we're at.  Anyone is more then welcome to join us.  734-673-6930

Looking forward to meeting everyone in person next week

hotrodbob

Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.

tom

i think we are going over from windsor about 9:00 A M next friday.

hotrodbob

Windsor at 9:AM? Going to the ballet? Oh wait, you said come over FROM.
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.

zzebby

Woodward dream cruise.....appears to be more than just a cruise.
Have arranged a work trip to be there fri and sat morn.   Have the work part to do fri morn in Troy,  but then will be looking for a spot to watch.
Can anyone recommend a hotel / motel to stay at that is on the cruise route??
Also hoping to meet Denise and some of the other Michigan RRT ers.

Fift4fe

zzebby

Good luck trying to find a hotel / motel along woodward (the cruise route), they are usually booked a year in advance.  If your not worried too much about your health, some 1/2 star motels south of 8 mile rent rooms by the hour, but you might not like your neighbors.

Your best bet for a room would probably be up near Pontiac.  Call the Pontiac Michigan Chamber of Commerce.  Do a Google search.  Stay within walking distance of Woodward.

Krusin is Kool this week on Woodward
OVER!
OVER?

Did we say it was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

HotRodLadyCrusr

There are two decent places on Woodward to sleep.  One is the Holiday Inn Express at the corner of 15 Mile Rd in Birmingham.  They normally have a 3 day minimum Dream Cruz weekend, but things could have changed since I've stayed there last.  It was expensive about 5-6 years ago.

Another place is the Travelodge at the corner of 13 Mile Rd.  Very nice and clean and right in the heart of the cruzn action.  They were reasonably priced the last Dream Cruz that I stayed there about 8 years ago.

The closest, most reasonable hotel/motel area will be at the I696 and Dequinder (sp?) interchange, (just east of I75)  There are 4 motels there.  A Red Roof Inn, a KnightsInn, Ramada, and Quality.  This intersection is exactly 6 miles from Woodward Ave (at I696)