Looking for a good machine shop, SoCal

Started by Normspeed, July 21, 2005, 12:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normspeed

I'm looking for a good machine shop near the San Gabriel Valley in Southern California. Getting ready to take my block, crank and head for a rebuild. Mopar flathead 6. Someone recommended JM Machine in Duarte but I can't find them, no phone listing. I'm in Glendora so anything in the area would be a help. Thanx.
Norm

Normspeed

Thought I'd post one more note to keep this on page one. OK, not looking for a good machine shop, just one that won't tear up my project too bad. :wink:
I see a lot of folks read my post but no suggestions. There's gotta be someone amongst all this auto knowledge that's dealt with some local shops...My block is down to bare bones and ready to go to the fixit guy. Money's burnin' a hole in my pocket.  Help!
Norm

hotrodbob

Though not in San Gabriel area, we got a guy in Burbank that loves 6 bangers. Builds lots of Chevys, but he is a old school guy that used to work for B&M and had his own company called Fiasco Automotive. He did the head work on my Ford 6. Ya might wanna talk to him. He is a grouchy dry sence of humor late 50's early '60's sumthin guy, but super talented. He can build anything and make it run super. His Chevy 6's sound fantastic. He also just did a slant 4 Pontiac for a guy.

His name is Richard Johnson. His phone number is 818-841-2651

Tell him I sent ya and that will break the ice. He knows me as Bob Beck not hotrodbob. We are both in the same car club and I trust him to do work on all my cars.

Years ago I had my MOPAR flatty built by Eddings Engine rebuilding in San Fernando. I ran it for 12 years and the kid that has it now says it still runs strong! Sorry, I don't have their number. He was slow, but the engine was great. Ran high 19's at LACR and beat AV8's Flat head '46 Ford light to light one night on the way back from Toluca Lake Bob's Big Boy's cruz night.
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/

Normspeed

Quote from: "hotrodbob"Though not in San Gabriel area, we got a guy in Burbank that loves 6 bangers.  

All right! Thanks Bob. Sounds like the kind of shop I was looking for.

Still trying to remember the names, but you held the BBQ and pinewood derby on L.A. Roadsters weekend? I was there with my buddy Grandadeo.

Norm

hotrodbob

Hope you had fun here for the BBQ and races. Hope the other info helps
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/

Grandadeo

Hey Norm, sounds like ya found your machine shop.
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50