This could just ruin your whole day

Started by enjenjo, July 19, 2005, 11:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

looks like plenty of expensive sheet metal and fiberglas damage!
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Phil1934

There's a picture ripe for a caption.

58 Yeoman

Caption (over loudspeaker):

UH...car number 71.  You are supposed to go COUNTER-clockwise around the track.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Carps

PHEW!

Ya had me worried for a minute there.

Thought the tag line was that you'd be visiting Awestrayleeyuh reel soon.   :shock:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

I do like the safety/Tender trucks.   :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

jaybee

From another forum I see that there were a grand total of 21 cars in this mess!  Among those not visible in this pic are an AMC Javelin that'll be hard to get replacement panels for and a 427 Cobra that's been torn up badly.  There's another Corvette buried in the middle of the pile there, too.  Track officials had to break up a couple of fist fights after the wreck.  A lot of finger pointing going on, but it sounds like some of the cars in the back lagged back to try to get a run at the green flag.  They ended up going so fast they couldn't stop.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Goodfoot

The vintage racers are having a tough time of late with overly aggressive inexperienced guys with more money than ability racing a wee bit  over their heads. Vintage racing supposed to be about the vintage cars not winning races.

EMSjunkie

They don't have a "bump to pass" rule in
vintage racing?  :?

why do they always park the Ambulance
on the wrong side of the barricade?

I hate lifting patients on backboards
across those things. then I gotta crawl my
carcass over too  :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

47wood

And do you think any 2 of those drivers are telling the same story?  Can any of them agree on exactly what happened and who was to blame?  It only takes one inexperienced guy with a wallet and ego bigger than his common sense.  Sad to see such nice rides piled up!  Cal :(
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Brootal

The whole story (pretty much) is on this website. Scroll down past the pics right to the bottom of the page and work your way up.

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

Grandadeo

COOL - Full Contact Vintage Sporty Car Racing.  Could Weekend Harley Rider Multiple Bus Jumping be the next big thing?
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Normspeed

That would be something to see...all those tow vehicles and trailers with Harleys on them, sailing through the air. Awesome.

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "Normspeed"That would be something to see...all those tow vehicles and trailers with Harleys on them, sailing through the air. Awesome.

I like yer attutude Norm!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!