Cast iron colored paint

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, July 17, 2005, 11:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I am looking for cast iron colored paint.  Napa had this in spray cans , now after checking with 3 Napa stores I cannot find it.  The kids I asked about the paint tell me there is no listing for it

I am gonna check with a big-dog Napa store in Phoenix next week, mayb I will find it there.

Eastwoood wants 10 bux a spray can. Plus shipping .  I will use that as a last option

I  like the paint for spraying leaf / coil springs on cars i am putting together like my Crosleys.

Besides Napa.... I looked at Lowes , home depot , checker , auto zone.

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Sean

I think Eastwood has something like that.

rooster

Quote from: "Sean"I think Eastwood has something like that.
I got this stuff, its brushed on though!  Eastwood Part# 1256, its been on my Ford now for about 3 years now.

enjenjo

It's Duplicolor Cast Coat UPC 26915 34302
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"It's Duplicolor Cast Coat UPC 26915 34302

looked at dupicolor, have not found it on the shelfs here ( yet)

re-read my whole original  post.

:arrow:   :lol:
Tony

rooster

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "enjenjo"It's Duplicolor Cast Coat UPC 26915 34302

looked at dupicolor, have not found it on the shelfs here ( yet)

re-read my whole original  post.

:arrow:   :lol:

Around St. Louis "Parts America" sells Dupli-Color!

enjenjo

The NAPA store has Duplicolor  here. Here's the listing from the Duplicolor web site  DE 1651 Cast Coat Iron

Here's the web site  http://www.duplicolor.com/index.html  They have a bunch of newer stuff I have been using. Wrinkle finish, Textured metallic paint, and several new colors. Spray cans have sure improved. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

paul2748

Seymour has a cast iron paint called Cast Blast.  Comes in regular and HI Temp I think (I got the hi temp)   www.seymourpaint.com

Quote from: "enjenjo"The NAPA store has Duplicolor  here. Here's the listing from the Duplicolor web site  DE 1651 Cast Coat Iron

Here's the web site  http://www.duplicolor.com/index.html  They have a bunch of newer stuff I have been using. Wrinkle finish, Textured metallic paint, and several new colors. Spray cans have sure improved. :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

to clarify;

I have found dupli-color spray cans in many places.  They do not stock the cast iron color.

If I Ask if they can order it?  The answer has been " not sure"...... "probably need to order a case, let me ask the manager next week" , to a simple "no".
Tony

river1

did you try Ace Hardware? they were willing to order a few cans for me a while back. i ended up not needing to but they were willing.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

yep,  Ace hardware is really a good place to chase stuff down.

I've not had the time to get there . Tonight I am busy playing with my new XM Roady2 radio thingy I bought for the road trip to b'ville.  It's Glen's fault I bought it.

the XM will work on my Goldwing too.  For 20 bux each , I bought 2... only activated 1 so far to see what we think of the XM programing

Quote from: "river1"did you try Ace Hardware? they were willing to order a few cans for me a while back. i ended up not needing to but they were willing.

later jim
Tony

BFS57

Tony;
I don't know what you are looking for as far as use goes but I do know that the POR 15 People make just such a coating which can be thinned for spraying. It is also made for high heat.
Check their products at the RestoMotive Labratories web site. Just type in Por15 and you will find it!

Bruce

Crosley.In.AZ

Found the paint today.  A NAPA store just down the road from work.  A large distribution place on Thomas Av.... been there for ever.

Plenty of dust on the top of the cap like the can had sit there a few weeks.
Tony

Carps

OK so I'm late again.  What's new?

POR15 also do such a paint, I've had it on my exhaust manifolds for many years.  Heck it's even on the Humpy's extractors and looks just dandy despite having been sitting around doing nuthin for over 25 years.

The POR stuff comes in various shades from 'cast iron' to light or dark greay with reds. blues and yellers too.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

DrJ

I know this isn't what you want for this projec but if anyone is looking for a paint on metal coating... for something, anything...

Say you want your fiberglass fenders to have the same rusty steal patina as the rest of the car you can paint it with these high metal content paints and get all th excting properties of bare metal.
Rusty Rat-Vettes Batman!

http://www.sculptnouveau.com/patinas1.html