Bedliner as undercoat

Started by jaybee, July 09, 2005, 05:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

Can bedliner (Rhino lining & the like) be painted?
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Bob K

Yep, we sprayed most of my underbody but was able to touch up worked on areas by using a brush. If you are careful it is hardly noticable.

B 8) B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

MO_JUNK

I used it on the floor of my cab to serve as a sound deadener and to protect from moisture from above. Sam

an4itio

I just took my fenders to Line-X to have the underside sprayed with their product to keep rocks from causing damage to the paint job.
Dont DistUrbed Me Im DiStuRbEd EnOuGh!!

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "jaybee"Can bedliner (Rhino lining & the like) be painted?

I tried thinning it and sprayed it on the roll cage and interior of the #974 and it did not work well.  It says it can be sprayed on bare metal but it did not stick well.  We repainted some of it last month with regular enamel.  I think it needs to go on thick to work well and there is a difference in the quality as the commercial products seem to work better than the stuff you can buy at the auto parts stores.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

HOTRODSRJ

Quote from: "jaybee"Can bedliner (Rhino lining & the like) be painted?

I used Linex on all my fiberglass fenders for years and works great.  I also painted it with excellent results.  Prevents "stars" from happening and looks finished.
STEVE "JACKSTANDS" JACK

Dirk35

I know of more than a couple of people that take their fenders and running boards to have the underside sprayed professionally to prevent rock chips and staring of the paint on top the fender. No report of do-it-yourself kits though.

shine

keep in mind that most bed liner materials are petrochemical and will burn.  be careful where you use it. dont want you burning up :)