WANTED '48 F1 Panel Truck Quarter Panels.

Started by Grandadeo, July 08, 2005, 12:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grandadeo

Still looking for replacement (patch) panels to weld into the quarters on my '48 Ford F1 Panel Truck.  Passenger side is the worst but could use both.  '48 to '52 should all be the same.  I've checked with several suppliers and no one carries them for panel trucks, just pickups.  So will need to come from a donor body.  Need as much as possible including the entire wheel well around to the rear door jamb and a few inches above the wheel well.  Could even use the rear body panel below the doors.  If you know of any bodies laying around that are being parted out please let me know.  Will be traveling from Florida to Western New York next weekend and will gladly drive to pick them up on the east coast or in Ontario if I can import them across the border.  Why did I ever start picking at that bondo?

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

MrMopar64

Quote from: "Grandadeo"Still looking for replacement (patch) panels to weld into the quarters on my '48 Ford F1 Panel Truck.  Passenger side is the worst but could use both.  '48 to '52 should all be the same.  I've checked with several suppliers and no one carries them for panel trucks, just pickups.  So will need to come from a donor body.  Need as much as possible including the entire wheel well around to the rear door jamb and a few inches above the wheel well.  Could even use the rear body panel below the doors.  If you know of any bodies laying around that are being parted out please let me know.  Will be traveling from Florida to Western New York next weekend and will gladly drive to pick them up on the east coast or in Ontario if I can import them across the border.  Why did I ever start picking at that bondo?

Lee

Hey Lee
Have you tried this site to see if they could help
http://www.paneltruck.com/index.html

Good Luck
MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

Grandadeo

ONE37TUDOR

I know this is a long way from you but there is a small salvage yard outside of Seguin Texas that had (About 6 months ago) At least two of the 48 - 50 type panel bodies. If I remember right one of them was cut off at the doors and appeared fairly good from there back.
This yard deals in old stuff so he knows what it is worth, but if you don't find anything closer you can give it a shot.
(830) 379-2029.

Scott...
SCOTT,  slow moving, slow talking, no typing SCOTT

halfdone

There is a guy on the FTE forum who is into them and was parting a couple out. His handle is 51Panel from memory.

He is however in San Jose CA, so may be no use to you.

47wood

Lee,

Try posting a free parts wanted ad in the Early V-8 section of www.fordbarn.com.  Good Luck,

Cal   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Grandadeo

Cal, I posted on the Ford Barn when I posted here.  Nothing heard back from there though.  Thanks for the tips on California and Texas.  If those folks are willing to ship that may be what I'll have to do.  Keep those tips a comin.  Thanks.

Lee

wvcab

Quote from: "Grandadeo"Cal, I posted on the Ford Barn when I posted here.  Nothing heard back from there though.  Thanks for the tips on California and Texas.  If those folks are willing to ship that may be what I'll have to do.  Keep those tips a comin.  Thanks.

Lee

lee,
i looked for quite a while.... gave up and built my own.... they are really quite easy...

robert