Update on 37 Coupe

Started by Darrell's37Coupe, July 07, 2005, 04:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrell's37Coupe

Well it's been so long since I've posted I forgot my user name and passwork. We've been busy working on the coupe so I thought I'd post a couple pictures. I thought I could have it ready for Louiosville this year but it's not happening.

jaybee

Darrell, that's good work.  It's going to look really good.  Of course you're disappointed to miss the Nats, but it looks like you're closing in on that first drive.  Thanks for sharing.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "Darrell's37Coupe"Well it's been so long since I've posted I forgot my user name and passwork. We've been busy working on the coupe so I thought I'd post a couple pictures. I thought I could have it ready for Louiosville this year but it's not happening.

Looking good, Darrell.  Not the sort of car you should thrash together for one event.

Nick32Vic

That is one nice car. Cant wait to see it finished.

Nick

Darrell's37Coupe

Thanks Guys,

I'm in no rush to complete the car, we've been working already for two years. I was able to drive it under it's own power this week. What a great feeling just to see it move.

alchevy

It is a great feeling to get to drive one under it's own power after seeing it in pieces for some time. Mine took three years, and it's just in the "gettingeverythingfittedstage" and I am able to drive it. Having too much fun driving it (got over 13,000 miles on it) to tear it back down again!

But like it has been said here, you are doing the right thing. Being in Lexington, KY...you are coming over to the Nats, right, even without the car?
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

47wood

Starting to look real sweeeeet Darrell.  You've made a lot of progress since your last post.  Thanks for sharing.  Cal   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

btrc

Looks mighty nice.  I almost wish mine was at that stage instead of finished.  I like driving it but I really liked working on it.  

Bob
Bob

Looking Good! I like the way you lowered the radiator in the chassis....I may have a few questions about dimensions etc. when I get my sedan that far along if you don't mind.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"