chip guard????

Started by dschmidt, July 06, 2005, 09:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dschmidt

here is one for the paint guys...

i have a roadster pickup and would like to "use" the bed.. occasional suitcase, etc. i don't want to scratch up the bed, so i was wondering what suggestions could be done... is there a type of product to put on?(chip guard?) i have not painted the bed so now is the time to think of this.... does anyone have any suggestions??????  solutions?

dschmidt

ooh yeah i forgot..  i want to keep the same color so..bedliner is not an option.

efingstein

Quote from: "dschmidt"ooh yeah i forgot..  i want to keep the same color so..bedliner is not an option.

You do know that spray-on bedliner can be tinted to match the exterior color. Also, if you want it relatively smooth and shiny, tell them not to spray on the final coat. The final is what gives it the rough texture.
Every man should forcibly leave his steel toe boot print on the face of history.

dschmidt

i thinking they cannot tint to a house of kolor paint..

MrMopar64

Theres a product called clear bra which is a 6mil clear plastic (it's tuff stuff)....... once it's put on it's hard to tell it's there
Check with your local tint shop.....
Email me your address and I'll send you a small piece from what I have left so you can see what it's like

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

efingstein

Quote from: "MrMopar64"Theres a product called clear bra which is a 6mil clear plastic (it's tuff stuff)....... once it's put on it's hard to tell it's there
Check with your local tint shop.....
Email me your address and I'll send you a small piece from what I have left so you can see what it's like

MM64  8)

Thats the other stuff I was trying to think of. I know it's made by 3M and you can get it rolls. My mechanic friend has it on his wife's xterra and it looks REALLY good.
Every man should forcibly leave his steel toe boot print on the face of history.

dschmidt

i did some research on this stuff.. it may just do the trick.. thanks guys!!

dschmidt

oh yeah here is a pic of what i am building

flt-blk

You could get softer luggage.

Or put flet on the bottom of your cooler.
Philosophy of hot rods
The welder is the Yin and the Grinder is the Yang