House of Kolor

Started by Pep, June 28, 2005, 01:23:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pep

Any of you guys had experience with their paints......any good?.....bad?. I have an opportunity to use their stuff at a fairly good price.
See Ya
Pep

enjenjo

Top quality paint. Never had any problems with application, or longevity.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

rumrumm

My body man uses their clears exclusively.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Dave

Quote from: "Pep"Any of you guys had experience with their paints......any good?.....bad?. I have an opportunity to use their stuff at a fairly good price.
Ok ill give my negative..  We tried it for the 32 and we tried the candy and it sucked. The pearl is probably the way to go instead of the candies. Went to dupong and it sprayed fine and looks good. Yup im just one here with a negative input :lol:
Dave

Beck

I sprayed some of their pearl and put some one elses clear on top. The local rep said that would be ok. Wrong. The clear didn't seem to bond to the color. The flash time must have been a little to long. The clear wanted to pop off the color where the bolts tightened or any little rock chip.
I had to do a hurry up repair on a motorcycle fender for a buddy. I used the same pearl paint on a fender. I followed quickly with the same clear that was a previous problem. It worked fine that time.  :?:

I plan to use their paint on my next job, along with their clear.
Beck

Pep

Thanks for the input....Does it really matter if you don't have their primer. Most manufacturers say you must use theirs for the best result....I'm not sure. Also while were on the subject, I can also get  Iwata spray guns at a good price as well. What mdel should I go for? I'm from the acrylic era and only have gravity guns.
See Ya
Pep

cre8tor

Hey Pep,
I have house of Kolor paint on my car, we never used their fillers ect in fact my coupe has Spies Hecker clear on it and mine turned out fine.
Be aware that It has a thin coverage so you will generally use more.
But they have some incredible colours definetly worth the extra $$.

Cheers,

Mark.