just got home from St Ignace

Started by 48ford, June 27, 2005, 01:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48ford

Just got home
the show was smaller than in years past,they parked cars  on the street but not angled into the curb so they still filled the down town area.Then up on the hill they started backing them in as they were running out of room.
No swap market behind the napa store this year.
The show seems to be getting smaller,and this was the 30th one.
The 46 ran good both ways,but the edelbrock still boils out the gas and the gauges all read on the high side,so every thing is normal.
the weather was HOT! no need for long pants or jacket.
G.M. and ford had there display but nothing from chrysler.
Later Russ&Irene

n.c.rodder

I'm sorry to say that the high motel prices of the past have scared people away. Some have come down, but the damage has been done!! And thats to bad, 10 -12 years ago this was the place to be.

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

HotRodLadyCrusr

I agree with Mike.  There are just too many GREAT shows around to be spending that kind of money for motel rooms.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Dave

Quote from: "48ford"Just got home
the show was smaller than in years past,they parked cars  on the street but not angled into the curb so they still filled the down town area.Then up on the hill they started backing them in as they were running out of room.
No swap market behind the napa store this year.
The show seems to be getting smaller,and this was the 30th one.
The 46 ran good both ways,but the edelbrock still boils out the gas and the gauges all read on the high side,so every thing is normal.
the weather was HOT! no need for long pants or jacket.
G.M. and ford had there display but nothing from chrysler.
Later Russ&Irene

Last time i went it was over 200 bucks for a room.. No thanks...........
Dave