Checking in

Started by AV8Paul, June 27, 2005, 07:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AV8Paul

I'm checking in to stay active on this board. After signing up, I got sidetracked and didn't make it back.

I also post on the hamb and fordbarn.com.

I drive a '31 AV8 roadster with a 21 stud flathead. I built it over eight years and have been driving it for seven. It's currently torn down so I can install a T-5. I've had several set backs, but I'm starting to get back at it again. I had planned to have it done to drive to Bonneville in August, but now I'll just be a passenger in a friends car. Hope to take it next year.
If it\'s too loud, You\'re too old

Bib_Overalls

Good to hear from you.  Stick around.  I'm also 62 and I post on the H.A.M.B.  from time to time (as do a lot of other RRTers).  But this place is where I feel the most comfortable. No young pups telling me what kind of  tires to run or how they did it when I was a teenager.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Stick around....As Bib says,it's a pretty comfortable place to hang out!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

homebrew

Here in body but the mind is in question.

Grandadeo

Hey Paul, just noticed a recent post of yours and didn't remember every seeing you here on the RRT before, just the Ford Barn.  So a VERY belated welcome.  Have not been up in your neck of the woods for a few years now since my son moved back to FL from NH.  I think the last time was either the Ty-Rods or the Road Agents meet.  Again welcome.  (If I previously welcomed you and I just don't remember - please disregard this message)

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

AV8Paul

Quote from: "Grandadeo"Hey Paul, just noticed a recent post of yours and didn't remember every seeing you here on the RRT before, just the Ford Barn.  So a VERY belated welcome.  Have not been up in your neck of the woods for a few years now since my son moved back to FL from NH.  I think the last time was either the Ty-Rods or the Road Agents meet.  Again welcome.  (If I previously welcomed you and I just don't remember - please disregard this message)

Lee

Hello Lee,
Good to hear from you. I think the last time our paths crossed was at Road Agents a few years back.
I've been pretty busy with the car. A year ago I had it in Arizona for the winter and got hit by an illegal. Thank goodness I had uninsured motorist coverage or I'd have been out of luck.
Luckily, the damage wasn't bad enough not to drive it. I managed to drive from Phoenix to Good Guys in Del Mar CA. I ended up driving it a total of 7,000 miles for the year.
The roadster is currently in the body shop getting the damage repaired. It should be done in a couple of weeks. It's totally torn down. I've got a lot of work ahead of me to get it back on the road.
Paul
If it\'s too loud, You\'re too old