Des Moines GoodGuys

Started by 40, June 25, 2005, 07:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

couper

Hi Daryle.
Hope all of you have a great time up there.
We're up to our eyeballls in our new home construction, and with me pretending to be the contractor, I doubt I'll see another carshow for a while.
Lance

moparrodder

Quote from: "40"As far as a place to meet,how about in front of Yogi's booth in the air conditioned exhibit building around noon?We have met there in the past and some of us have then had lunch together.

Daryle, in front of Yogi's sounds good to me and is easy to find.  Sounds like the boys (had and Andrew are going to the races in Harlan Saturday night as the help three brothers in the pits, but I think they chase grils from some of their tales I hear.  :roll:   Oh well It'll be just me and Gail and the T bucket   woo hoo  a weekend together with the best friends and rods anyone could ask for!!!  Life IS good!!!!     See ya all there!!!   Bill and Gail

Lance,Glad to see you are making progress on the new house! Just remember....All work and no play makes Jack a grouchy S.O.B.....just ask my wife  :evil: If your weather has been anything like ours....well,let's just say it hasn't been a fun Spring! Missed seeing you and Kristi in Springfield.....hope our paths cross somewhere down the road this year.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

jaybee

Quote from: "40"Dinner Friday and/or Saturday sounds good to me...perhaps one of the local RRT'rs can suggest a good BBQ or Steak House?

Not a lot of local BBQ action here, mostly chains.  In that vein there's a place in Altoona called 'Kin Folks' that isn't too far from the fairgrounds that serves really good BBQ.  I80/35 & US6/Hickman Rd has the Iowa Machine Shed resteraunt.  Informal, family style service, big place with excellent food.  Don't bother with Outback.  There's 2 in town and it takes FOREVER to get in.  Unfortunately that applies to most everything on the west end of town.  There are several good places at the big, new mall west of I35 & south of I80 but plan on tieing up half the evening just waiting for a table.  I've never had much patience for that.  Just south of I80 & Mere Hay Rd is a place called Bennigan's that has good food but isn't real big.  Lone Star Steak House in West Des Moines would fit a rowdy bunch of RRTers well, plan on a bit of a wait.  I'm sure there are other options I can't think of at the moment.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

btrc

We always eat at the Machine Shed east of St. Paul when were at Back to the Fifties.  If the one your talking about is as good as the one in Minnnesota I would recommend it.

Bob
Bob

rumrumm

Maiden voyage won't happen. I am  waiting on brake line fittings from Heidt which were supposedly overnighted  to me on Monday but I didn't get them so I have no time to test the car before trying for Des Moines. I figure it is better to use the long weekend to get it buttoned up and test drive it. Sorry--was looking forward to seeing everybody again. Next year for sure. And I am definitely planning  on the Nationals in Louisville. Perhaps I will see a lot of you there.

Lynn
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

HotRodLadyCrusr

I vote for "Kin Folks" on Friday nite

and "Machine Shed" on Saturday nite

7pm? both nites

any other suggestions?
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

HotRodLadyCrusr

FYI, three outta my four new tires arrived so far.  Can't cruz to DesMoines with 3 radials and 1 bias-ply therefore we're cruzn there in Rudy's roadster.  Just didn't want you guys looking for a purple Olds when we'll be in a flat black '32 with the number 57 on the doors.  See ya Friday morning.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Just wanted to mention that Roadster and I will be just alittle tardy for the noonish  meet and greet, probley about 12:15 but we will be there and plan on getting lunch with you guys.....so don't leave without us!  :wink:

my cell number 734-673-6930