Des Moines GoodGuys

Started by 40, June 25, 2005, 07:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just wondering who's still planning to make it over the 4th? In an earlier post,it sounded like lots of RRT'rs were going to attend.I will be there Fri/Sat/Sun for sure and possibly Thursday as well if things settle down a bit with work.I lost the roof on a new home we are building in South Dakota to 90mph winds and just this morning a torrential downpour flooded the basement on another home we are just finishing up.Was supposed to be attending the wedding of one of my best friends this afternoon and instead have been sucking up water and mud all day :roll: I'm really in desparate need of a relaxing weekend!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Mikej

Anita and I are planning on being there Sat, mid morning and maybe Sunday.

34ford

Daryle,
Will be there all three days.  Closing on one in the country on the 30th and ready to get out of town.

Bob

HotRodLadyCrusr

Roadster and I will be arriving on Thursday and staying for the long holiday weekend.  If my new tires get here before we leave we're driving Big Olds.  If they don't then we're driving the Roadster.  Big Olds's right rear tire is shot and there is no more miles left on it. :shock:  :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

moparrodder

Quote from: "40"Just wondering who's still planning to make it over the 4th?  I'm really in desparate need of a relaxing weekend!

Daryle, I know what ya mean about gettin away for a relaxing weekend.  put in over 90 hours this week at work, got a little over heated Thursday standing in the sun all day mixing spray chemicals for the floaters, just couldn't get enough water to drink.  Gail and the boys and I will hopefully be there first thing Saturday morning and part of Sunday.  See ya then!!! :D   Oh how about a meeting place and time?    Bill

Slick 50

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Big Olds's right rear tire is shot and there is no more miles left on it. :shock:  :wink:

Well, isn't that a surprise?   :shock: What do you think went wrong?  :?
Ken    8)
aka Slick 50

btrc

Daryle,
 I don't think I'm going to make it.  This rain has got me way behind cutting and baling hay for my wife's horses.  We're about ready to go back to just buying the stuff.

Bob
Bob

phat rat

Quote from: "btrc"Daryle,
 I don't think I'm going to make it.  This rain has got me way behind cutting and baling hay for my wife's horses.  We're about ready to go back to just buying the stuff.

Bob

Boy I remember that feeling from when I was raising horses. Don't miss haying at all. Well guess I shouldn't put it quite that way, there was a hill in one field that was always a pretty spot with the wind rippling across the standing hay.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Bob K

I'll be there Thursday afternoon, we are staying at the Best Western (formerly the Ramada) on Merle Hay, just north of I 80.

B 8) B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

slocrow

Quote from: "Slick 50"
Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Big Olds's right rear tire is shot and there is no more miles left on it. :shock:  :wink:

Well, isn't that a surprise?   :shock: What do you think went wrong?  :?

I think that was the one on the front end before she got it aligned..................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Bob....what is the address of the hotel? How far North of I-80?

HotRodLadyCrusr

Or perhaps I drove it under inflated for too long :wink:

So, where and what time are we meeting?  We've never been so can't suggest a place.

What about dinner together on Friday nite??  Maybe we could find a rib place? 8)
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Bob K

Quote from: "40"Bob....what is the address of the hotel? How far North of I-80?

Daryl, it is

5055 Merle Hay Road
Johnston Ia. 50130
515 276 5411

It is only 2 blocks north of I 80 on the east side of the road.

B 8) B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

rumrumm

I will be there on Friday and Saturday, although I don't know yet if I  will be driving the '32. It is nip and tuck on getting it ready for its maiden voyage.

Lynn
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Thanks Bob.....See ya this weekend! As far as a place to meet,how about in front of Yogi's booth in the air conditioned exhibit building around noon?We have met there in the past and some of us have then had lunch together.Dinner Friday and/or Saturday sounds good to me...perhaps one of the local RRT'rs can suggest a good BBQ or Steak House?