Maybe some help with this one

Started by jarhead74, June 25, 2005, 02:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarhead74

I am working on trying to get my 2000 s-10 back running!!I just swapped out the 2.2 "way to fast 4 cylinder" for @ 1975 or so 350.The problem i am haveing is fuel delivery.Can i run the stock in-tank pump to fuel the carb with a little rewiring or do i need a whole new setup?Any suggestions would be great.

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "jarhead74"I am working on trying to get my 2000 s-10 back running!!I just swapped out the 2.2 "way to fast 4 cylinder" for @ 1975 or so 350.The problem i am haveing is fuel delivery.Can i run the stock in-tank pump to fuel the carb with a little rewiring or do i need a whole new setup?Any suggestions would be great.

I'm no expert; however, I will reply as best I can.  This is reverse of the problem most of us face.  The in-tank pump will deliver WAY too much pressure for a carb; I'm guessing it would be as high as 60psi, and the carb may only handle 5 to 7psi at the needle and seat.  

I suggest you contact some experts, such as Aeromotive, Malpassin etc.  I imagine most fuel pressure regulators may not handle this differential, so you may need to step-down twice; firstly to around 20-25psi, then down to the 5 to 7psi.  This will probably be quite expensive, and you would need to decide whether it is cheaper to just fit an external low pressure pump.

tomslik

you MIGHT be able to put a tbi-type fuel pump in the fuel tank but it'll mean taking apart the fuel pump module and fitting it in.

or change the fuel tank out for an earlier one.

if it were me, i'd slip in a port fuel type 305/350...and not have to mess with the fuel system

www.jagsthatrun.com
order up one of their books, well worth the $$$
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

GPster

There is the possibility that fuel can be sucked right through the tank pump with the pump on the engine. I would be surprised if you could make the tank pump run without some doctoring of the computer and all the sensors that have been diconnected. GPster

tomslik

Quote from: "GPster"There is the possibility that fuel can be sucked right through the tank pump with the pump on the engine. I would be surprised if you could make the tank pump run without some doctoring of the computer and all the sensors that have been diconnected. GPster

well, i wouldn't want to make the mech. pump suck that hard......
uh, this IS off-road help, i'm not talking about an emissions-legal vehicle.
that would be "tampering"....and subject to big * fine.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list