It Aint Easy Being Green Part II

Started by Bob K, March 08, 2004, 07:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob K

Painted weekend of the 27th and sanded and buffed this weekend. Starting to look like a car now.

The color is actually a lot darker but the flash worked overtime on this one.

Dashboard with temporary wheel.

B 8) B

P.S.  Thanks for the help George.
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Phil55

A buddy of mine searched swap meets for a couple of years and came up with four of those clock housings.  He mounted S&W gauges in the across the dash...they fit great and it looked like a factory job!

I love that color! It fits that body style perfectly!What color will the top be?
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Bob K

Quote from: "40"I love that color! It fits that body style perfectly!What color will the top be?

Thanks Daryle: The top will be tan, the insert on the dash is the matching color, interior will be green with tan T&R inserts.

Gotta hustle as she goes to the trim shop April 1st.

B :D B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

trackster

As to the car.... Whatever turns your crank........Mine's a spinnin' like a windmill in a hurricane!  Lookin' good.
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

The tan top should look awesome! Hope to get to check it out in person somewhere down the road this summer!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

SKR8PN

FAAT........ THAT....... is going to be one BE-UTE-EE-FUL ride.
Bet you can't WAIT to get down the highway :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

purplepickup

That is looking good, Bob!  All that work is finally paying off.  

I really like the color.  That one picture where you said the flash made it lighter is probably something like what the color will look like in the Bonneville sun. :shock:   Will we see it there this year??

:b-d:
George

Sean

I like it. Green is my favorite color and with a Tan top it oughta really look sharp.

Charlie Chops 1940

Very tasty Roberto. Greens like that always look nice on the bigger smooth cars. Nice job.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Bob K

Quote from: "Phil55"A buddy of mine searched swap meets for a couple of years and came up with four of those clock housings.  He mounted S&W gauges in the across the dash...they fit great and it looked like a factory job!

Phil: I have seen that done, wonder if it was your buddy's car. That clock is the  matching one to the classic guages, it was a real chore to get it to fit in the housing, ended up using a 53/54 clock delete welded to the housing and hole sawing that to fit the classic clock. Now it looks like it grew there.

Thanks for the compliments guy's, appreciate it.

Yeah George it's going to B'ville, the lord willing and the creek don't rise.

Speaking of B'ville.
If you got a room a the 6 from me last year I need to know if you want it again, let me know asap as I have other guy's that want rooms.

That be as I remember, George, Charlie Chops, GPster,Enjenjo. Hope I didn't forget anybody. Slocrow you are on your own this year as Maggie is going to make her first trip to the salt. I do have a room set aside for you though. No I didn't forget you Kenny.

B 8) B

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

HotRodLadyCrusr

I LOVE it Bob!  I especially like the chrome trim around the belt line.  I too am looking forward to seeing it in person.  You know how much ragtops turn me on.  :D

I can't remember whether I made my reservations for this year, last year while I was there.  I call and find out.  If not, can I get one of those rooms?  Actually I'm probley going stag and would really like to share a room with an trustworthy RRT member  :roll:   You know, to share expenses.  Let me know if anyone is interested.  I don't snore  :lol:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

58 Yeoman

Looks good. There aren't enough green cars today. When I was a kid, I bought one of the rod and custom mags (the little ones), and it had a 59 Chevy on the cover that said 'glade green and gorgeous.'  That was the first time I saw a really nice green car.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Bob K

Quote from: "Crosley"Good looking car.  

Not too many greens I like.  I like that green alot.

Reminds me of Glen's 48 Buick

Thanks Tony, I've talked to Glen about that and he told me that his green has no metallic in it. Without sunlight on them to me they look like almost the same color. I am also using tan in the interior. Unlike Glens it will be a traditional style with green base and tan T&R inserts.

B :lol: B