Equus brand name any good?

Started by 58Apache, March 07, 2004, 11:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58Apache

I seen a high tech timing light that has built in tach and even a dwell meter in the higher end model. I also happened to see where they make guages ( oil pressure, water temp, etc. )

I had never heard of this brand until recently. I like what I see but not sure if I should sink that much money into something I don't know if it will be junk or work well.

Anyone ever use Equus brand name stuff?

Steve

Bruce Dorsi

I can't speak of the Equus timing light. .... But, a few years back I bought an Equus tach through JC Whitney to use on a wood chipper.

I still have it, and it still works, but it is the inductive type, which clamps onto a spark plug wire.  .....I have never been able to get stable rpm readings, despite trying many "tricks."

The light you are contemplating, may be of better quality.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

purplepickup

I've got an Equus cruise control in my truck that's been working without any problems for 5 or 6 years and lots of miles.  I think it cost $89 at JC Whitney.  I don't know anything about any of their other stuff tho.
George

oiler

Quote from: "58Apache"I seen a high tech timing light that has built in tach and even a dwell meter in the higher end model. I also happened to see where they make guages ( oil pressure, water temp, etc. )

I had never heard of this brand until recently. I like what I see but not sure if I should sink that much money into something I don't know if it will be junk or work well.

Anyone ever use Equus brand name stuff?

Steve
Equus used to be sold in Canada quite abit, I think it was in the Canadian Tire chain of stores.
They seemed to be middle of the road when it came to quality.
But I do know that i see alot of the old timing lights around and they all seem to work.