What I did on my summer vacation

Started by enjenjo, June 13, 2005, 11:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"
She is just about the best traveling companion you could ask for. No complaints at all. She has been there helping out the whole way. She won't drive though. :lol: Hopefully she will look back fondly on this some day.

I can hear the story now as her young mind will remember the trip;

"grandpa can not work on a car without the police showing up to help"
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Jimc

Frank, I am not near Vegas.

But, I can be if you need help.

Jim

Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

Kerry

Wow!  What kind of trouble don't you get into?  Was the crank the only thing you broke last year?

enjenjo

Quote from: "Kerry"Wow!  What kind of trouble don't you get into?  Was the crank the only thing you broke last year?

Along with the block, yes.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

Well, after a little maintenence last week, a new Ujoint, and center bearing on the driveshaft, and moving the electric pump back near the fuel tank, we made it home without incident.  Of course with a big bolck, I averaged about 8 mpg for the trip of 4,200 miles. Cheapest gas was here in ohio, 1.969, most expensive was Arizona, 2.699 at Williams, and Holbrook. I used two quarts of oil for the whole trip.

For a change, I returned home driving the vehicle I left in  :lol:

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"Well, after a little maintenence last week, a new Ujoint, and center bearing on the driveshaft, and moving the electric pump back near the fuel tank, we made it home without incident.  Of course with a big bolck, I averaged about 8 mpg for the trip of 4,200 miles. Cheapest gas was here in ohio, 1.969, most expensive was Arizona, 2.699 at Williams, and Holbrook. I used two quarts of oil for the whole trip.

For a change, I returned home driving the vehicle I left in  :lol:

Glad to here you made it home okay.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

GPster

After you got everything safe and secure did you talk Shelby into driving? Or did she decide to fly home? I don't understand how you can build cars for other people and they work-out just fine but your own stuff has these problems. You need to treat yourself better. GPster

enjenjo

QuoteYou need to treat yourself better. GPster

Cobbler's shoes Joe. It turns out the causes of most of my problems, was me assuming that things were still as I had put them together. When in fact there were several things that had changed that contributed to my problems.

I want to thank several people here, C9 for a nice visit, and a cold drink,  WZJUNK for a bed and dinner, DRD57 for a neat roadster ride, and his efforts to make the tour interesting, Tonto's "uncle" for driving me around LA, Kroozn for the use of his shop in Las Vegas for some repair work, and everyone who showed up for the tour that made it as much fun as it was.

MO_JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteYou need to treat yourself better. GPster

Cobbler's shoes Joe. It turns out the causes of most of my problems, was me assuming that things were still as I had put them together. When in fact there were several things that had changed that contributed to my problems.

I want to thank several people here, C9 for a nice visit, and a cold drink,  WZJUNK for a bed and dinner, DRD57 for a neat roadster ride, and his efforts to make the tour interesting, Tonto's "uncle" for driving me around LA, Kroozn for the use of his shop in Las Vegas for some repair work, and everyone who showed up for the tour that made it as much fun as it was.
enjenjo, how did you do getting through the construction area on I-44 between Cuba and Sullivan, Mo.?  Sam

enjenjo

Quoteenjenjo, how did you do getting through the construction area on I-44 between Cuba and Sullivan, Mo.? Sam

No problem thanks to your instructions. we breezed right by it. It brought back memories, years ago, the first time I drove out west it was on old rt 66 before the interstates. We stayed at my sister's house in Ladue sunday night, sorry I didn't call Denny, but we were bushed, next time.

rooster

I know the felling, maybe see ya at HAMBer Drags! Springfield swap meet is also that weekend.  Ramada is filling fast in Joplin, I got a room last night, wzjunk may have more information this.

mopar2dr

Sounds like you met  Hutch's,I spent some time with 'em getting a wheel seal replaced on the wagon. It was 5:30 AM so I had to knock on the door hard!! Twenty five years ago I drove a Mack Western COE. There is not enough room here to tell of all the times spent on the side of the road making a repiar to get back to the terminal. Even had a steer tire blow at 55,that will make a believer out of you. Glad you made it home safe.
I got lost in thought, it was unfamiliar territory!

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"It turns out the causes of most of my problems, was me assuming that things were still as I had put them together. When in fact there were several things that had changed that contributed to my problems.

Good to hear you got home in better shape than you left.

Years ago I bought a vehicle back that I had not seen in  2+ years.  I gave it a quick look ( did not know the people, I saw the car in a for sale ad)...... they had changed / repaired (?) several items on the car , most of it half asssss'd.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tonto1

engenjo, it was a pleasure to finally meet you after using your advice these past several years. For my part, the tour was a memorable experience. Especially the Justice Bros. Museum and MarCel's.  At the museum, we just happened to get there at a good time. One h__l of a museum tour. And those brothers at MarCel's, they are artists in metal.  
My uncle, Red, passes along his thanks for being allowed to come along.  He has lived in LA since 1949 and has been a street rodder for most of that time, and had never been to most of those places.
Why are there more horses a**es in the world than there are horses?

Dirk35

So Frank, did you stop by the Barbary Coast while there in Las Vegas?