Anyone in the Abilene Texas area?

Started by 40, June 07, 2005, 08:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I will most likely be making a trip to Abilene,Texas this weekend. Just wondering if there's anyone in the area? I'll probably drive across the Kansas Turnpike and then South on I-35 thru Oklahoma to Dallas and then West on I-20 .....will most likely be traveling alone....funny how all of your buddies disappear when you mention a 2-day 2,000 mile roadtrip :shock:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

EMSjunkie

You will be about 300 miles too far east and south from me.
too bad, got some really good BBQ places here.

both my parents are from Nebraska, Mom is from Cozad, Dad was
from Crawford. spent alot of time on the Platt river as a young buck, floating along looking for choke cherries and sandhill plums.

aahh, the innocence of youth.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

alchevy

How and when are you making the trip back home? If you come over a few states East, and then turn North (say in Jackson, MS) and head North on I-55...you could take in a rod run (pre-'67) in Clinton, MS on Father's Day Weekend. Here is a link to last year's when it was a pre-'49 event:

http://www.ms-sra.org/msra/2004rodrun.htm

AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

I have canoed the Platte River many times....though I prefer the Niobrara.I have also shot lots of ducks/geese in the Platte River Basin.
                                                                                                           I've been known to stray off course a bit for a good Rod Run but......Mississippi is a bit too off course.....perhaps another time!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"