RRT BILLETPROOF DETROIT

Started by beatnik, June 05, 2005, 11:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beatnik

Enjenjo made it out with the RRT BBQ trailer and quite a few RRT folks came out for the event.

Lots of pics here and I'm sure lots more once people get home:
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57808&&showall=1
If I have to explain it to you, You really wouldn?t understand

KustomLincolnLady

Yes, it was a blast, got to spend a lot of time with Mrs. Slick 50 (Vicki) and some others. Thanks Enjenjo and Cheryl for bringing the BBQ it was great!! seems like a long time since the last time  :lol:  was well overdue!

See, Enjenjo, I can spell your name , LOL  :P  :-o

enjenjo

Desoto ran great there and back, we both had a blast.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Slick 50

We had a blast there as well.

Without Ohio Blue tip to burn meat I (as well as Enjenjo) had to stand in so at least it was another Ken to step up. Hope no one got sick <8-)!

This was our first visit to the Detroit area and we had a great time and met a bunch of new folks. Thanks to Denise for her hospitality and Bob K for hauling me around in that great Chebby.
Ken    8)
aka Slick 50

GPster

Quote from: "beatnik"Lots of pics here
I occasionly Lurk around that site but only get to see what I just happen on. Thanks for the link! Do they have a place with pictures of the Jalopy Showdown somewhere? Denise hasn't come up with any. Of course now she's probably busy getting her tires rotated. GPster

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "Slick 50"We had a blast there as well.

Without Ohio Blue tip to burn meat I (as well as Enjenjo) had to stand in so at least it was another Ken to step up. Hope no one got sick <8-)!

This was our first visit to the Detroit area and we had a great time and met a bunch of new folks. Thanks to Denise for her hospitality and Bob K for hauling me around in that great Chebby.

STEP AWAY FROM THE GRILL!   :evil:
See what happens when you stay home and work on your rod, you lose your job!  :(
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Roadstar

[/quote]                                             do they have a place with pictures of the Jalopy Showdown somewhere? Denise hasn't come up with any. Of course now she's probably busy getting her tires rotated. GPster[/quote]

Excuse me, Whos tires :shock:  :lol:

Actually Frank is one of the most generous people I have ever known, with his time and thoughtfullness of other people. The BBQ trailer is a hit wherever it goes, and nobody goes away hungry. IT does seem like there is something missing not having Ken there though, so I look forward to seeing him with smoke in his eyes at L'ville.

Joe I'm gonna make sure you get a CD with the Showdown Pics and all the other good stuff we can put on there for you.

GPster

Quote from: "Roadstar"Joe I'm gonna make sure you get a CD with the Showdown Pics and all the other good stuff we can put on there for you.
THANK YOU! I actually don't mean my caniving for special treatment but actually as a reminder to everone of all the good places you choose to go. I have an aquatance (?) that is faily good at those tire smoke contests around here at the Mopar Meets. He uses Bias-Ply tires. Also with a dual master cylinder on the brakes you could run a solenoid on the back brakes if you were somewhere where they didn't chain you down. Tightness on the chain actually pulls the rear end down and makes it harder to spin. Had a friend in high school that had a Rambler station wagon with the small V8 ('65?)and he could hold the brake pedal just enough to lock the front brakes and spin the tires in place. Could be real scarey if you were at a stop sign and he was behind you. GPster

HotRodLadyCrusr

Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

slocrow

Smoke em if ya got'em.......tires that is.
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Charlie Chops 1940

Nice tires....you buy those? LOL

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Nice tires....you buy those? LOL

Charlie

nope, just borrowing them till they're wore out   :lol: :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Denise....You are brutally honest for a gurl  :lol:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"
Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Nice tires....you buy those? LOL

Charlie

nope, just borrowing them till they're wore out   :lol: :wink:

ouch ......  that will leave a mark,  at least the tires will..

:arrow:  :wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)