The '38 is Road Worthy

Started by Dusty, June 03, 2005, 11:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

Well it's been a long haul...But yesterday Lillie and I finally took the Coupe for a ride...After around the block, we decided to Smoke test it and took it on a 70 mile round trip...WONDERFUL!!!!  Now all we need is Paint and Upholstery.  That will come after B'ville.  Gotta get back to work on the Truck.  I have a few minor items on the Coupe, like Wipers, and solenoid for the trunk with Emergency opener for dead battery situation.  
Power windows, and keyless entry.  I'm gonna leave the handles on both inside and out....I kinda like'em.
The AC worked fine, and the Walker Radiator kept things at 190 degrees.  I am running the factory engine fan, no clutch, and 2- 11" electric fans in front of the AC Condenser, That only come on when the AC is on.  I have included a before picture taken in late Feb early March, and then a shot of the coupe with the Roadster 2 days ago......It sure feels good!!  I will be selling the Roadster at the end of the summer.
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

purplepickup

Can I borrow some ambition? :wink:   It's looking nice Benny.  Are you taking it to Bonneville?
George

Dusty

It doesn't look like it will be this year George.  I'd like to get the Roadster out there to get a picture of it on the Salt, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen either.  The Coupe may make it next year...
Benny
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "Dusty"Well it's been a long haul...But yesterday Lillie and I finally took the Coupe for a ride...After around the block, we decided to Smoke test it and took it on a 70 mile round trip...WONDERFUL!!!!  ... snip ...
quote]

Congratulations; it looks great.

Looks Great! My very first streetrod was a primered 38 Coupe,then along came marriage,a family...well,you know the rest.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

1FATGMC

Good going Benny.  I'm impressed with all that you have gotten done.  I'm looking forward to seeing the car in person.

It is funny you found that in Sheridan, Wyoming, my old place of residence.  I brought a 39 Chevy coupe down to Utah from there when I moved.  I didn't think I would ever get time to work on it, so I sold it.  I wish now I wouldn't have.

c ya, Sum

EMSjunkie

Good looking stable Benny  8)

you might have better luck selling the Roadster up here in the Panhandle,
I'll take her for a couple weeks, see if I can sell it up here  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

nzsimon

nice stance
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

38pickup

jaybee

Congratulations, good work.  I'll echo the comment on stance, sits really nice.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Heatnbeat

WTG! hard work pays off!! I can still remember the thrill of my first ride I was sitting on a small lawn chair