o/t Digital Cameras

Started by Nick32Vic, June 01, 2005, 02:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Quote from: "1FATGMC"it just isn't necessary to shoot at anywhere near 5 megapixels unless you might be George who trys to find a lost Anasazi ruin in the side of a cliff 1 mile away  8) .

c ya, Sum
Like this moth I snapped at the cabin last weekend, I'm just hoping to find the meaning to life :wink:

I took these on an old Olympus C3000Z 3.1 megapixel and it serves my purposes.  I don't know what I'd get if I was buying one now.  I'd probably stick to one that has a quality lense and I'd check out reviews.  This site seems to have good reviews.  http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html
George

1FATGMC

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "1FATGMC"it just isn't necessary to shoot at anywhere near 5 megapixels unless you might be George who trys to find a lost Anasazi ruin in the side of a cliff 1 mile away  8) .

c ya, Sum
Like this moth I snapped at the cabin last weekend, I'm just hoping to find the meaning to life :wink:

I took these on an old Olympus C3000Z 3.1 megapixel and it serves my purposes.  I don't know what I'd get if I was buying one now.  I'd probably stick to one that has a quality lense and I'd check out reviews.  This site seems to have good reviews.  http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html

Knowing you, you probably took that picture from about 100 yards away  :P

Oh George, I'm glad you put up with me.  How is the teardrop coming?

c ya, Sum

Nick32Vic

Wow, thank you so much. You guys helped alot.  After reading all your replys i sort of had in mind what i was looking for. I went to the local camera store and that guy was a huge help to. He was so nice and helpfull i bought it right from him.

Kind of getting off the subject here but we talked for like 2 hours about stuff that didnt even have to do with cameras. How could I not buy it from this little mom and pop store with that kind of service?

I ended up getting the Minolta DiMage Z2 that Sean was talking about. So far its a really nice camera. 4 megapixels.  

1fatgmc, you are right. I didnt know 4 megs was gonna be this nice. I dont really need anything more than that. It would be nice but 4 is fine for me.

Well, you folks are A-Okay.

47wood

Put Sam's Club or Costco on your shopping list.  They have good prices.  Good Luck,  Cal   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

av8

I just purchased a Nikon 8800 from usaphotonation.com. They beat the big discounters by $300 and the MSRP by $500. Hassle-free ordering -- no bait-and-switch or attempts to bump me up. E-mail confirmation at end of processing, another at shipping, and it arrived a day earlier than promised.