Need a '39 Chevy frame

Started by Scrap Fe, March 07, 2004, 08:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrap Fe

One of my neighbor's nephews, a young man in his late 20s, has been visiting my shop a couple of times each week since I met him last fall.  He has been watching and helping me work on my '39 Chevy and has been bitten hard by the street rod bug.

He recently purchased his own '39 Chevy sedan that has been sitting in a ditch the past 20 or 30 years.  The body was covered with a tarp and is salvageable but the frame is Swiss cheese and beyond my talents for saving. His father thinks he should put the body on a late model frame but I believe that would be a last resort.  I have never seen one done that way that looked right and I have all the templates used in building my '39 that he could use.

Do any of you know of a 1939 Chevy frame available at a reasonable within a one day drive of S.E. Wisconsin?  Please let me know.

TIA

ponchotom89

I`m in the process of finishing a 39 Pontiac coupe(25 series same as Chevy deluxe) I used an 89 S10 frame, It worked perfectly. The frames are easily shortened if you need to alter the wheelbase. The only hang up is you have to rebuild the floor to clear the kick up at the rear of the frame. By the sound of it you will probably be doing that anyway due to the frame rusting away, It had to take some of the floor too.But if you insist on using a 39 frame you can have mine it is in good shape. I sold a lot of the original front suspension, but I think you would probably update the front clip anyway(mustangIIor Nova).I live in the western Ny area if you happen to know anyone coming my way :?:
If it aint steel it aint real

enjenjo

There is a yard near here with a 39 Chevy in it, I'll check it over and see if it's worth getting.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.