GM column wiper switch wiring

Started by WZ JUNK, May 25, 2005, 03:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I have a GM steering column that has the wiper switch on the turn signal arm.  I want the switch to trigger a relay to run the single speed wiper motor.  I can not figure out which color wires to make this feature work.  I am about to decide that either it can not be done or the switch is bad.  Any suggestions to help me with this dilemma ?
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

It can be done, I've done it. Unfortunately, I don't remember which wires I used.  I do know I used the switch to ground the relay, and used two wires to do it. One from the relay to the switch, and the other from the switch to ground. The column I used was out of an 84 S10.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"It can be done, I've done it. Unfortunately, I don't remember which wires I used.  I do know I used the switch to ground the relay, and used two wires to do it. One from the relay to the switch, and the other from the switch to ground. The column I used was out of an 84 S10.

I thought that I might be able to do something like that.  Currently I have the relay wired to trigger with positive but I can change it.  Thanks Frank, I will look at the wiring again.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH