O/T new world sprint car record

Started by Dave, May 22, 2005, 07:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

just got home from the fastest 1/2 mile pavement track in the world. Winchester Speedway Winchester Indiana. We left before the 100 lap late model show cause we are alergic to fenders :lol:  A youngster 16 years old set a new track and world sprint car record today. They ran a 30 lap feature and he won that also. Lemme tell ya the kid has wallys big as a bus. He lapped the whole field 2 times in 30 laps and passed where you would swear it couldnt be done.  Great show although a long drive. We missed all the rain too.
Dave :wink:

Fat Cat

Quote from: "N8DC"just got home from the fastest 1/2 mile pavement track in the world. Winchester Speedway Winchester Indiana. We left before the 100 lap late model show cause we are alergic to fenders :lol:  A youngster 16 years old set a new track and world sprint car record today. They ran a 30 lap feature and he won that also. Lemme tell ya the kid has wallys big as a bus. He lapped the whole field 2 times in 30 laps and passed where you would swear it couldnt be done.  Great show although a long drive. We missed all the rain too.

Winchester is one of my favorite tracks to watch. I used to make sure I was home to watch it on ESPN years ago

Dave

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "N8DC"just got home from the fastest 1/2 mile pavement track in the world. Winchester Speedway Winchester Indiana. We left before the 100 lap late model show cause we are alergic to fenders :lol:  A youngster 16 years old set a new track and world sprint car record today. They ran a 30 lap feature and he won that also. Lemme tell ya the kid has wallys big as a bus. He lapped the whole field 2 times in 30 laps and passed where you would swear it couldnt be done.  Great show although a long drive. We missed all the rain too.

Winchester is one of my favorite tracks to watch. I used to make sure I was home to watch it on ESPN years ago

If your going to the good guys show in june why dont ya follow me to winchester sunday for the usac race? Yep im hooked and it looks like ill be leaving indy fairly early sunday to hit the track !  :lol:
Dave

unklian

Lapped the whole field twice ? :shock:

Did he survive post race tear down ? :roll:

EMSjunkie

Good on Ya Dave!!  I was there in spirit.

never seen them run on asphalt, cept on ESPN.

the kid may be fast now, but one good tumble and he will re-evaluate
his risk factors  :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****