E Brake handles

Started by C9, May 21, 2005, 10:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C9

Been looking at E Brake handles at the junkyards.
So far everything I've seen has the entire mechanish mounted above the floor.

I'd like to find something similar to a Gennie Shifter - which is a slightly scaled down copy of a Vega.

I do have room under the floor for the mechanism so no problems there.

I'm not averse to using a foreign car E Brake handle either.

The pic shows a Gennie Shifter E Brake handle.

As a small aside, note that the E Brake handle is mounted on the drivers side.
It's out of the way of the driver, fairly easy to use and it frees up a lot of space for the passenger.
Passengers tend to move about while traveling and the driver ain't going anywhere most times.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

GPster

I'm thinking Pinto but they might be as hard to find as a Vega with a steering box still in it. GPster

Brokeandbent

Jeep Cherokees have a nice lever like emergency brake that is recessed into the floor.

Dave

Quote from: "C9"Been looking at E Brake handles at the junkyards.
So far everything I've seen has the entire mechanish mounted above the floor.

I'd like to find something similar to a Gennie Shifter - which is a slightly scaled down copy of a Vega.

I do have room under the floor for the mechanism so no problems there.

I'm not averse to using a foreign car E Brake handle either.

The pic shows a Gennie Shifter E Brake handle.

As a small aside, note that the E Brake handle is mounted on the drivers side.
It's out of the way of the driver, fairly easy to use and it frees up a lot of space for the passenger.
Passengers tend to move about while traveling and the driver ain't going anywhere most times.
There is a company that advertises in street rodder and atreet scene i think that sells mainly cables that has new ones for a good price that look like the old vega style
Dave

model a vette

"I'm not averse to using a foreign car E Brake handle either."

I used an old Toyota handle in my car. It was very similar to the Vega. The mechanism is below the floor. The handle stays up when on.
If you want one that applies and then goes back down look at one from a Fiero. You pull it up to apply and then it drops down to the floor. You have to pick it up and then push the button to release it. This was all done because it mounts next to the drivers door. I think some vettes used a similar lever.
Ed