Let's talk about CHAT

Started by GPster, May 20, 2005, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

About a month ago we got tired of Charter Cable raising their prices with promises of stuff that might be better that never happens. We went back to the phone connection and are using SBC as our server. Since that happened I've lost CHAT. I can sign on and it recognizes me and I can read all of everyone's conversation but I can't post. When I put my curser on the blank and click it to start to type the curser blinks 3 or 4 times and the vanishes. I questioned this before and Rooster said he had problems with SBC on CHAT and he just dis-abled the "POP-UP" blocker and it worked OK. I tried this last week and it didn't make any difference. Got on the phone with SBC last week during CHAT time and they could offer no help. Went to the Chat program's site and got totally lost so gave up and went to bed. I hate to miss this advantage of this site but I don't know what to do. GPster

WZ JUNK

I had some problems long ago and I started using Netscape for chat and it worked.  I do not know much about this computer stuff but for some reason Netscape would let go to chat where Explorer would not.  Since then Frank did something or my son messed with the computer and now I can use chat with Explorer.  You might give it a try.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Dave

Quote from: "GPster"About a month ago we got tired of Charter Cable raising their prices with promises of stuff that might be better that never happens. We went back to the phone connection and are using SBC as our server. Since that happened I've lost CHAT. I can sign on and it recognizes me and I can read all of everyone's conversation but I can't post. When I put my curser on the blank and click it to start to type the curser blinks 3 or 4 times and the vanishes. I questioned this before and Rooster said he had problems with SBC on CHAT and he just dis-abled the "POP-UP" blocker and it worked OK. I tried this last week and it didn't make any difference. Got on the phone with SBC last week during CHAT time and they could offer no help. Went to the Chat program's site and got totally lost so gave up and went to bed. I hate to miss this advantage of this site but I don't know what to do. GPster
You could do what I have been doing... Go to bed :wink:
I havent made it to chat for quite a while cause of stuff going on here (none of it really good) but chat works here with netscape. Also i didnt turn off the netscape popup blocker. IE is really slow for me and i tried mozilla and that other junk and went back to netscape. Also netscape has a realy simple web page creater built in and i didnt have to learn anything other than how to use it  to make my web site.. Its about 5 times fatser than IE.............
Dave 8)

Crosley.In.AZ

hope you get it figgured out Joe.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Well Joe, there is nothing that has been done on this end that would cause your problem. I'm on a DSL, but when I had a dialup connection, I has to switch back and forth between browsers to make things work. I don't know much about this infernal box, so unless fatcat can help me, I'm in the same boat you are. :cry:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.