transporting a cab Denver to Phx

Started by zzebby, May 16, 2005, 02:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzebby

Just bought  a 39 ford truck cab off the bay and am now looking for recommendations on trucking companies to get it home.  Even though it's just a cab,  it is too much for greyhound and yet not worth calling a car hauler.
Any experiences here?  I know the other board talks about a relay,  but I've not registered there or even thought of an "acceptable"  intro.  
zzebby

enjenjo

We have been known to do a relay or two ourselves. I also have some trucking connections.Time frame?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "zzebby"Just bought  a 39 ford truck cab off the bay and am now looking for recommendations on trucking companies to get it home.  Even though it's just a cab,  it is too much for greyhound and yet not worth calling a car hauler.
Any experiences here?  I know the other board talks about a relay,  but I've not registered there or even thought of an "acceptable"  intro.  
zzebby

You might want to check into http://www.uship.com/default.aspx .

I have a friend that is using it to ship a motorcycle he bought from Mass. to Ill.  The way he explained it to me is you put in a price you are willing to pay and then different truckers will bid on it.

He was going to have to pay $500 to ship the bike, but got a trucker on there to bid $350 and it will be delivered door to door.  This is suppose to happen next week, so at this time he doesn't have any feedback on how well it works.

c ya, Sum

zzebby

Enjenjo
I'm in no rush at all,  but the seller would like it gone in 2-3 weeks. I'm not asking for a freeby if you have an idea.  Thanks
1fatgmc
That's an interesting idea and should work.  Let me know if it's successful.  If nothing else comes along,  I'll try that. Thanks

Crosley.In.AZ

some of the haulers will not mess with dead autos or large parts.

I was lucky with the guy I found on the HAMB to haul the british wonder-car down from jbird's place in northern CA to phoenix
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "zzebby"Just bought  a 39 ford truck cab off the bay and am now looking for recommendations on trucking companies to get it home.

Check out:

YT Hauling Schedule:
http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/haulquery.pl

These are free listings, and as you can see, they will haul a variety of items.  ....You can post for hauling needed, or hauling offered.

I sold a dead farm tractor, and it was hauled from New Jersey to Iowa for $400.  ....I'm sure your needs can be met for less $$.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

enjenjo

Right now I don't have any good ideas outside of the ones you have been given.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.