Isuzu cab-over truck warning

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, May 15, 2005, 03:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Our shop flat bed is an Isuzu cab over unit.  many of these around.

We had a front - left tire blow out on the trip to Tucson AZ last week. Driver left the road , did some desert driving.  the truck had to be flat bed hauled back into town.

Look at the photo closely, behind the tire remnants. That little black box with the white cross looking thingys???  that is a power panel with relays ripped out.  It was mounted up above the tire on the cab.  Obviously the panel got a real trashing from the tire bits flying about.

If you folks use a similar truck, I would look into the location of this power panel on your truck  Maybe the panel was relocated on later units?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

TJ's Dad

G'day .. for unknown reasons i cant get pix but as i have an Isuzu Tilt Tray i'm interested to view the area you mention .. could you plzz send pics to me via a PM  or by email to   pyreneestowing@hotmail.com     Thanks Mike

I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

Crosley.In.AZ

the photos should be good to go....

I have learned the relay pack sits behind the tire and a shield with bracket.

Obviously the tire on our truck tore out everything
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

hotrodbob

The fuse box has always been there. Not sure what year your truck is, but if the tire was still in warranty, they (tire mfg) should accept liability for the damage caused by their product failure.
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/