Remember that block I was grinding on?

Started by DRD57, May 15, 2005, 12:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

dam that thing sure is purty.

are you sure the hood will stay shut?

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

cyberrodder

--------------
37 Chev Oz
28 Chev

cre8tor

Very nice. !  8)
its red too so it will go faster ... :wink:

Crosley.In.AZ

Sure is purty.

I see what looks like a polished t-400 trany case in the back ground
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

DRD57

Quote from: "Crosley"Sure is purty.

I see what looks like a polished t-400 trany case in the back ground

Good eye. It's ground pretty smooth but not nearly good enough to be polished. It'll get painted too.

58 Yeoman

Wow...that looks great.  It looks just like my Caddy engine, only mine isn't red.  And doesn't have the same intake or carb.  Or the chrome valve covers.  But hey, the intakes are the same color.  :lol:   Wanna do mine next?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

purplepickup

That's really looking good. :shock:   I'll bet it feels good to see some stuff coming together. :D

Is the color the "Sierra Gold with pizzazz" that you're painting the car?  It does look red but copper doesn't always come out in pics very well.
George

tom36

Man!  That ought to be in your living room! Absolutely gorgeous! Tom..

Crosley.In.AZ

Don , is that urethane paint?

My first major score on a restoration account I did a full detail on an early  442.  this was in 1988 & he liked correct colors with a bit of over restored to them.  The paint held up to the heat real well, he was very happy

I used enamel paint with a urethane catalyst.... the engine screamed "shiny" like your motor does.  I got all of the fellow's work from then on.

I still do some work for him around auction time in AZ.  Some of the neat muscle cars I post photos of belong to him
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Bib_Overalls

First class.  I don't think all engines deserve that level of detail.  But I always get * when a motor with lots of chrome bolt ons and lots of casting flash wins "Best Engine" at a show.  In my mind a well detailed block says more about the builder than any shinny 1-800 accessory.   First class motor - first class builder.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

enjenjo

Here's Ken's caddy, we are still fitting a few pieces, but it's in.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Slick 50

Quote from: "enjenjo"Here's Ken's caddy, we are still fitting a few pieces, but it's in.

I was trying to resize and post that same pic.

Imagine my surprise at the color you chose Don!!!
Ken    8)
aka Slick 50

DRD57

Quote from: "purplepickup"Is the color the "Sierra Gold with pizzazz" that you're painting the car?  It does look red but copper doesn't always come out in pics very well.

That's exactly the idea I was shooting for "Sierra Gold with pizzaz".
It's a custom mix that the mixer called Paprika Metallic. It really pops in the sun. It doesn't look red at all in real life. I'll shoot another picture in the sunlight to see if it looks more "normal".

2 coats of DP74LF, 2 coats of PPG Concept DBU color, 2 coats of PPG DCU2021 Clear.

Hopefully, using these top shelf materials and the extra prep will keep the paint on the motor for a while.

enjenjo

Ken's engine is not red either, it's an orchid color, but shows up red in photos.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.