Check this out..OHV V8/60

Started by fairlane2k, May 14, 2005, 09:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fairlane2k

HI guys,

I just wanted to show off the toy my wife sent to me from Brazil

I will be offering some of this stuff up for sale soon...

anyone know what it is???

...........I'll check back later to see if yall guessed or not

Bib_Overalls

Hey newbie, we got rules here.  Ya can't try to sell us anything until you have 100 question, answer, info, and general BS posts. :lol:
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

enjenjo

I know what it is, and the history. But then I'm a member of the HAMB too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

fairlane2k

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Hey newbie, we got rules here.  Ya can't try to sell us anything until you have 100 question, answer, info, and general BS posts. :lol:

Bib_Overalls
OOPS! my bad..... I did quicly cruise the site lookin for forum rules...didnt see anything tho....
BTW my grandmother lives in cherry valley! pretty close to jonesboro right??? I been there once about 15yrs ago.
my grandpa's family has been in that area for years and years and years

enjenjo:  no  cheating!!!  LOL

Bib_Overalls

I've been through Cherry Valley a couple of times.  Just south of here on the way to Forrest City.   Quiet place.  I don't think much has changed there in 50 years.  If anything it has gotten smaller.  But Jonesboro is booming.  There are 2x4s sticking up in fields all over town.  

One of the things I like about this board is the camaraderie.  Most of the members have been here for a while.

And of course new members are always welcome.

But every now and then someone comes along with an commercial agenda.  Usually something for sale.  

When I saw your post I thought you might be one of those. Hope not.  Anyone with an interest in Ardun heads and V8 60s should have something to share here
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

fairlane2k

Bib_Overalls

I have been kinda lurking here for a bit, just never registered or posted before... you can learn alot by reading some of these forum threads.

To say I have NO "commercial agenda"  would be wrong. I definatly do have that.  BUT in my defense I am a die-hard car guy.(and a cylinder head machinist to boot)  I found these  fantastic OHV engines in my wifes country of Brazil, where they will most likely end up recycled into VW's and Fiat's(something I cant stand to think about) anyway i bought some parts and an engine, to see if there was a market for them here.....I sure thought it was the coolest little motor ever!

I have lots of spec's and factory manuals etc...
but thats enuf of that....if someone is interested they can contact me.

thanks
James

PeterR

While in an elevator I overheard a couple of young dollie birds talking about getting a brazilain, --would not have guessed they were petrol heads.

Crosley.In.AZ

it's just ol chunk of rust and dirt . you should send it to me for the cost of freight.

HAMB..... is that a place or person?

:arrow:   :wink:  :wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

fairlane2k

Quote from: "Crosley"it's just ol chunk of rust and dirt . you should send it to me for the cost of freight.

HAMB..... is that a place or person?

:arrow:   :wink:  :wink:

Tony,
Your killin me....
the freight was the cheapest part of this adventure....
it was all the red tape,documentation,fees,and bribes that was the killer.
Brazil and India are the 2 most taxed countys in the world on import/exports....I was told this AFTER I shipped my stuff or I'd just bought a donkey and a cart and rode that stuff here my * self!
:D

James