Big Olds Is Home Safe & Sound

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, May 11, 2005, 04:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Thought some folks here might like to see a couple of shots of Big Olds in all his painted glory.  Got him home without any trouble.  Thought I'd be able to drive him from Earl Schieb's place to Knoxville for the dragracing but it was raining cats and dogs.  We had stuck WW bias-ply on him to test for fit and I'm keeping them on for the time being so I did't want to take a chance in the rain so we trailered him all the way home. :shock:

The front bumper is still at a local plater but is slated to be finished this week and the grill is at Advanced Plating in Nashville and will ship on May 20th.  Looks like I'll be styling by BilletProof.

Beatnik had the Olds caps up in the rafters of his garage and donated them to the cause.  Dad's polisher said he could get all the little nicks and dents out no problem.  I LOVE them!  They really set off the whole wheel/tire combo.  I am going to go alittle bigger tire in the front and plans include drop spindles before too long.

The butt end really rocks my world!
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Jimc

Big Olds looks great in his new clothes.
Way to go, Girl! Great choice in color!!!
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Jimc"Big Olds looks great in his new clothes.
Way to go, Girl! Great choice in color!!!

Hot Chick with a Hot car......what a combo!

looks great.  both of ya!

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

GPster

Because of the first picture, did you ride home on the "big Old's" seat while it was on the trailer? That's the nicest shade of copper I've ever seen. It's a true joy when all of the body parts of a project are painted the same color. Ihad one that I painted "Red Lead" with a brush just to get that feeling. That color will look nice with the "Salts" in the backround. You did good! GPster

sal37

Looking good Denise, can't wait to see the "final" photos.
Steve

lobucrod

Hey Denise, the Beast is looking great! Is upholstery next? If you need some good insulation check us out at www.lobucrod.com. Kelly has done a fine job on our website.

Pope Downunder

Congratulations; it looks great.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Thanks for the kudos guys, much appreciated.  As far as what's next, windows and top real soon and hopefully interior in June.  His "debute" is "scheduled" for the GG DesMoines show 4th of July weekend.  Roadstar thinks I'm outta my mind. :wink:

Looking Good! I really like the tire/wheel/cap combo!What color will the interior be??Really  looking forward to seeing Big Olds finished in Des Moines....you better get busy :lol: "Roadstar thinks I'm out of my mind"....I'm not even going to touch that one!How is the room situation in Des Moines....I never heard back from you?
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

HotRodLadyCrusr

Black interior with alittle bit of white.

As far as the rooms go, I haven't given that another thought.  Been so busy with Big Olds stuff.  I'm going to PM BobK right now.

av8

He's already a stunner, Denise! White top, right? Love the red wheels (Olds "trademark") and full covers with the wide whites. I see that the windsplits and beltline trim are going back on -- excellent choice!

If you haven't decided on an interior scheme, may I make a suggestion? Well, I will anyway. How about a pale gray vinyl roll and pleat pattern with red piping (to pick up the wheel color)? Do the carpets in deep charcoal grey with red binding.

Big Olds is going to be one very classy dude that will wear wll on the eyes and memory. Folks are going to be talking about your ride.

Congratulations!

Mike

HotRodLadyCrusr

Yes, white top Mike, with a smallish "mailbox" slot back glass window with chrome trim.  Your suggestion of grey/red is very interesting and tempting BUT I LOVE black interiors.  My plan is wider and thinner alternating pleats with either the seatbacks one large V in the middle OR a V on the back of each seat position.  That V will be black and white pony type material.   :shock: The doors will match but instead of a "V" I have this stainless interior Dodge trim that has a V in it and will be located on the top third of the door.  

I have it draw out and of course the vision in my head.  Now I just have to get the vision from my head into the head of the trim guy..... and of course pay for it. :wink:

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

alchevy

Always like a new paint job! Congrats. Like it has been said already, Big Olds is going to get a lot of attention.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Charlie Chops 1940

The Chevy bumper looks very nice. You all did a real nice job on him. See ya Saturday.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!