Springfield, MO anyone?

Started by Jokester, May 10, 2005, 06:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jokester

Anyone going to Springfield, Mo at the end of May?  We'll be leaving KC around 8:30 AM Friday after the rush hour clears.  Probably roll in in the early afternoon.

Hope to see some of you there.

.bjb :D
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

awsum34

will be there just saturday, the 34 is on blocks,
The only dumb question is the one you don\'t ask

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "awsum34"will be there just saturday, the 34 is on blocks,

I will be there all weekend.  We are planning on a little extra fun with a little trick I have planned on the spectators.  We should be on the south side of the fairgrounds Saturday and Sunday about midway of the south side.  I will have the old truck and my brother (MO JUNK) should have his new track T on its maiden voyage.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Kctom

Quote from: "Jokester"Anyone going to Springfield, Mo at the end of May?  We'll be leaving KC around 8:30 AM Friday after the rush hour clears.  Probably roll in in the early afternoon.

Will be there all weekend. TOM

I am planning to arrive either Thursday early evening or Friday early afternoon,depending on how things are progressing at work,and am planning to stay till Sunday afternoon.Got the 36 back from the upholstery shop but won't have the paint finished and re-assembled in time....I'll either have the Fordy or will perhaps drive the Cad even though I can't get it onto the grounds.Really looking forward to "doing nothing" for a couple of days and hope to catch up with everyone sometime over the weekend.How about dinner one night??
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Jimc

Planning on taking the only junk I got rollin'.
Jim
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

1FATGMC

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
We are planning on a little extra fun with a little trick I have planned on the spectators.  

I would hang around that area if I was there.  You might see John get into some trouble and Sunday might find him in the Springfield Hospital  :( .

Maybe next year instead of making Oak City I might try and get to this show when I visit Mom.

c ya, Sum

alchevy

I have been thinking about going this year. Got to get my 40 back on the road and that would make a good road trip. The car has been missing some great car shows this year. Several years ago, I was in Springfield the week after the event. We had gone to Branson, MO and made a trip North of there to the Bass Pro Shop. Just got my Street Scene mag and read the article on it and it really got me interested in going more.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Bib_Overalls

Well, my roadster is topless.  So I will not know until a couple of days before. If the Weather Channel is optimistic I'll head out early Tuesday morning.

40 Chevy, if you come up through Memphis and take US 63 North to West Plains you will run right by my house.  Give me a call and we can meet for breakfast, lunch, or whatever.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

alchevy

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"40 Chevy, if you come up through Memphis and take US 63 North to West Plains you will run right by my house.  Give me a call and we can meet for breakfast, lunch, or whatever.

That might work out good, but I won't be going up until Thursday.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

No Springfield for me this year. I will be swapping out my transmission during the long weekend instead. Have to take the motor and transmission out to do it. We left the original "K" member in under the tranny and so for now that's the only way to get to it.

www.astreetrodder.com

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "40chevy"No Springfield for me this year. I will be swapping out my transmission during the long weekend instead. Have to take the motor and transmission out to do it. We left the original "K" member in under the tranny and so for now that's the only way to get to it.

Just a thought but on my 54 I cut the rivets and made the K member removable by replacing the rivets with bolts.  The rivets cut fairly easy with an air chisel and you can use a punch in the air chisel to drive them out.  It might save a lot of work.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

choco

Quote from: "Jokester"Anyone going to Springfield, Mo at the end of May?  We'll be leaving KC around 8:30 AM Friday after the rush hour clears.  Probably roll in in the early afternoon.

I wish I could go. I've always wanted to meet Homer Simpson. Can you get me his autograph?
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

alchevy

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Just a thought but on my 54 I cut the rivets and made the K member removable by replacing the rivets with bolts.  The rivets cut fairly easy with an air chisel and you can use a punch in the air chisel to drive them out.  It might save a lot of work.

Yeah, I am thinking about doing something like that in the future.

www.astreetrodder.com

couper

howdy gang...
...been a while. I'll be around helping out the NSRA safety guys for inspections and working the rodders entry gate for the host club on saturday early a.m.. Say 'hey' on your way through.
Lance