Well it's fungus time again

Started by purplepickup, May 05, 2005, 11:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

I went up to my cabin last weekend for the opener of trout season. It's usually just a little early for morel mushrooms but I checked a couple of my favorite spots and found a few. Hopefully this weekend I'll find more. For those of you that have never had them, you probably won't understand, but for us devout fungus lovers, these are the ultimate.

This was just a small batch I fried up to munch on while I cooked a steak in the woodstove. Then I cooked the rest and smothered the steak. Yum Yum!

I'm leaving tomorrow morning to get some more. :D
George

32coupe

That reminds me............................

What do you call a mushroom with a 12 inch stork?

A fungi to be with :lol:
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

river1

you actually EAT that stuff?

i'll tell you what i'm not much of a mushroom guy and by the looks of that i'll never be a mushroom guy.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Leon

Quote from: "32coupe"That reminds me............................
What do you call a mushroom with a 12 inch stork?
A fungi to be with :lol:

I don't believe you said that   :shock:  :lol:

purplepickup

Quote from: "river1"
i'll tell you what i'm not much of a mushroom guy and by the looks of that i'll never be a mushroom guy.

later jim
Yeah, now that I look at that picture I can see how it might look a little...uh...used. :shock:   The colors might not have come out quite right but those beauties are just starting to simmer in real butter.  Fried up slightly crisp on the outside, they are deeeelishus. :D
George

rumrumm

You got my mouth watering with those photos, George! Morels are a so-o-o-o-o good!!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

n.c.rodder

Thanks alot George!! I have stuff to do this weekend, now you got me thinking I aught to be out in the woods looking!! Boy thats going to P. O. the wife!! :(

Mike

P. S. By the way, who carrys a camera in the woods when they go "Mushroom Picking" :?:
Till we meet - On the street

river1

Quote from: "n.c.rodder"P. S. By the way, who carrys a camera in the woods when they go "Mushroom Picking" :?:

i believe that george carries his camera ALL the time.

i also believe that WE benefit from george doing so. he has some great shots he has put up.

thanks jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

n.c.rodder

Quote from: "river1"

i believe that george carries his camera ALL the time.

i also believe that WE benefit from george doing so. he has some great shots he has put up.

thanks jim

Don't get me wrong - I'm not knocking George's camera taking abilities or the benefits to us - It just made me chuckle that he had it with him in the woods!!

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

SKR8PN

GEORGE.......old buddy,old pal, old friend :lol:  :lol:
Could you "hook a brutha up" if you happen to locate a few "extras"????????
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

oh yeah, i spent a long day ,many miles chasing down a chevy pu cab in some really uninteresting scenery, bring it home so purp can come get it at his leisure and he don't even show me his mushroom!

thank god!

but those things in the skillet look goooooooooooood!
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

then he sold the cab

Quote from: "tomslik"oh yeah, i spent a long day ,many miles chasing down a chevy pu cab in some really uninteresting scenery, bring it home so purp can come get it at his leisure and he don't even show me his mushroom!

thank god!

but those things in the skillet look goooooooooooood!
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Quote from: "SKR8PN"GEORGE.......old buddy,old pal, old friend :lol:  :lol:
Could you "hook a brutha up" if you happen to locate a few "extras"????????
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

As a mushroom guy of long standing, I can tell you, there is no such thing as "extra" mushrooms. I would have to think long and hard, before I would let my mother have some of my stash. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tom

i haven't had those in years. my dad would get us up early in the morning and we would go out  "hunting" for breakfast. along with bacon & eggs, a meal fit for a king. that was about 50 years ago. our "hunting grounds" are now a subdivision. i wonder if anyone knows what once grew there.