Leaking 350 TH

Started by timkins, May 05, 2005, 04:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timkins

The 350 Turbo Hydro trans in my sedan has a small IRRITATING leak on the shifter arm  coming out of the side of the trans. Is there a fix for this problem short of pulling the tranny out of the car?

Dave

Quote from: "timkins"The 350 Turbo Hydro trans in my sedan has a small IRRITATING leak on the shifter arm  coming out of the side of the trans. Is there a fix for this problem short of pulling the tranny out of the car?

I had one i never could seal up. possible pulling the shifter arm ? rod? and replacing it You can put a new seal in without pilling the trans if you have room.
Dave :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

as mentioned it can usually be repaired in the car.  If the shaft needs to come out do so  by dropping the pan.

A file run over the square edges to remove sharp edges is a good idea to avoid cuts in the new seal or fingers

Some times these shafts get grooves , rust , pits from rust in them and the shaft needs to be replaced.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

timkins

Quote from: "Crosley"as mentioned it can usually be repaired in the car.  If the shaft needs to come out do so  by dropping the pan.

A file run over the square edges to remove sharp edges is a good idea to avoid cuts in the new seal or fingers

Some times these shafts get grooves , rust , pits from rust in them and the shaft needs to be replaced.

Is there a website with a diagram for pulling the shifter arm out of the trans of the TH 350?

a25Chevrod

Had the same problem with my turbo 400. Went to my local friendly transmission shop and they had the most amazing little tool. Pulled the old seal out and had the new one in , in less time than it took to get the ute onto the hoist.

a25Chev :!:
I love anything thats turns $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ into noise