Another Lurker has registered

Started by Phil55, March 03, 2004, 06:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil55

After lurking for the last several years (thru all the changes), I made the big jump to register.

Auto-wise, I have a 1965 Ford Fairlane 2dr hardtop (289/auto), a 1937 Plymouth 2dr sedan (318/727), a 1939 Plymouth P.U. (engine is in the garage - 1955 Red Ram Hemi), and a couple of T's under construction.

I've enjoyed the discussions and will participate if I have anything to offer.

By the by, I'm in the Chicagoland area.

phat46

Welcome,  Have any pics of the '65 Fairlane? When i was a kid, my brothers best friend had one, 289, four speed, the first "fast" car i had real contact with. You don't see them at all around here anymore.

SKR8PN

Since you got a couple of MOPARS,I won't hold the FORD against ya!
WELCOME :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "Phil55"After lurking for the last several years (thru all the changes), I made the big jump to register.

Auto-wise, I have a 1965 Ford Fairlane 2dr hardtop (289/auto), a 1937 Plymouth 2dr sedan (318/727), a 1939 Plymouth P.U. (engine is in the garage - 1955 Red Ram Hemi), and a couple of T's under construction.

I've enjoyed the discussions and will participate if I have anything to offer.

By the by, I'm in the Chicagoland area.

You should feel right at home.  There are a number of other registrants of unknown gender here.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

enjenjo

welcome to the RRT.

I built a 38 Plymouth truck, highboy about 15 years ago. That's what the customer wanted, probably the ugliest one I have built. a shame too, because it was all there.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

47wood

Welcome to the RRT ...how about posting some pics of those rides! :D
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Sean

Welcome to the RRT. A friend of mine back in Highschool had a 65 Fairlane. Good looking car.

Phil55

If I can get my digital camera to work, I'll post some pictures.  My son, in an effort to help, loaded new drivers on my computer.  He didn't notice they supported a USB port not the Serial port that my camera has.  Poloroid doesn't support the Serial port anymore!

As far as the Plymouth PU being ugly, I took care of that.  It is sectioned 6" and channeled 4" (no chop).  It has a stainless bed, a keg gas tank, and headlights in the fenders.  The beast has a Mustang II front suspension and is just shy of a cigarette pack high on the nose.

The 65 Fairlane is green with a black interior.  If anyone is interested, it is for sale.  It is in pretty decent shape but will need some body work here and there where it is begining to rust.  It has disk brakes all the way around, a 3.50 Track Loc out back, a fuel cell, Hooker headers, etc.  Its a pretty interesting vehicle since they only made that body style for one year.

The 37 Plymouth sedan is an ongoing project.  Twister yellow and a real boat.  It too has the Mustang II front end, and 8" out back and is set up for long distance cruising.

Glad to be aboard the BBS....

enjenjo

I don't think all Plymouth pickups are ugly, just the one I built. LOL The guy still has it, and does drive it, so I guess he's happy with it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

mrloboy

Welcome to the board Phil55!

I am also a newbie here. I have been a lurker on this board for some time and previously active on other boards in the past. The people here are real helpful and will make you feel at home.

You have a great list of vehicle in your stable. I really like the '65 Fairlanes. I have two of them, both are V8 hardtops and both require restoration. One is a Sport Coupe with a 3spd manual, on the tree. the other is a bench seat hardtop with AT. Both run, but are tired.
I too have a '55 Red Ram. It is going in my '30 Model a Coupe.

........rj