electric fan temp sensor

Started by 38fordcoupe, May 01, 2005, 10:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I stopped at Haywire a few minuets ago and as I was looking at his catalog for some other stuff, I noticed that he sells some of these switches.  You might look at his online catalog but I know he does not list everything he sells at his site online.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "40chevy"Has anyone ever used the fan switch made by Centronics? Speedway has them in their catalog.

[/url]

I have one in my coupe.

can't really tell you too much about it. just got it running a couple weeks
ago, but so far so good. it is real easy to hook up. gets its signal from
the temp gauge. no wire actually runs to the sensor from the fan switch.
keeps my small block at 180 F. sitting in the garage. runs a 16" spal
S-blade fan. I like the fact it has a built-in relay. comes with a LED light
that I mounted right under my temp gauge. lets you know when the fan kicks on. also has a wire for a trinary switch for your a/c. kicks the fan on when the high side gets around 220 PSI.

time will tell.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

alchevy

It sounded like it would be an easy install so it is good to hear from someone that has one.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

38racing

found this on another forum. If you look up 83 Omni on Rockauto.com you get several other available switches

And the answer is---NAPA part number FS120. This is a brass fitting with 1/2"NPT male end on it that screws into a small block chev intake manifold just to the left of the water neck. When your engine temperature gets to 190 degrees Fahrenheit, this switch will pass current between the two attached wire terminals. The wire from one terminal (it doesn't matter which) goes to a ground, the other runs to the ground side of a 30/40 Amp relay, which will turn on your electric fan. The part costs $29 in Canada, and the relay costs $5, and if you get fancy and buy a premade pigtail that plugs into the relay, it costs $5.  The switch I purchased was carried in stock, but the NAPA man wasn't able to tell me what car it was off of.

Email fitzwell Who is fitzwell?    fitzwell       May 11, 2005 - 11:57 AM    
ask him to look in the illustrated guide, this has the listing by part # and a brief listing of what it fits (if the part is application specific)

Email 72cheyenne Who is 72cheyenne?    72cheyenne       May 11, 2005 - 12:00 PM    
Brian, that fits an 83-85 Dodge Omni. They will not work without a relay. I have a friend that used one on his corvette. They work great and last a long time. I am sorry I forgot about those the last time you asked for info on these.-Brant