Looking for information on an old "T" show car

Started by Beck, April 25, 2005, 10:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beck

I am looking for information on an old show car. It was loosly a Model T coupe. It was in the magazines many times when new. I saw a picture of it in one of the magazines not too long ago. Looking through my past issues I can't find it again. I would think this car was built in the late 60's to early 70's. It has the windshield raked forward at the top. The top has a heavy rake also. I believe it was orange with a black vinyl top. If I recall the rear quarter window was a little wider at the top than the bottom. The windshield may have been a little wider at the top also. If someone could just direct me to the photo in the magazine it would be appreciated, or scan it and email it to me. I have discarded all of my old magazines that would have shown it when new.
The old rods are "hot" right now, so are the rat rods. I was considering combining the 2 by building a rat rod of a similar body construction of this T. I really liked the lines on it. I see several of the early show cars are being cloned now, but that isn't my intent with this one. I was considering a Buick straight 8. If anyone has any information on the straight 8 I would love to hear from them also.
I love looking at the open rat rods, but they don't suit me very well. I hate getting wet while driving. I am fair skinned and bald. That means instant sunburn when cruising. So with an open car I won't drive it when its bad and I can't drive it when it's nice.
I like the truck cab rat rods also, and have considered one of them. The truck cabs can be had pretty inexpensively. If I found a nice cab locally for cheap I would probably own it.
Beck

beatnik

If I have to explain it to you, You really wouldn?t understand

Uncle Bob

The July 2003 Steet Rodder had a write-up on this rig.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

Beck

That is the one! I wonder if I am missing that issue. I will have to double check. Thanks!
Beck

Beck

That is even more radical than I remembered. I didn't realize the wheelbase was so short. I thought it had a turtle deck or bed or something on the back of the body. It looks like it is just flat backed. I will have to locate that magazine.
A straight 8 would be longer than the body. I don't think I could handle a straight up steering column. The slicks would be fun in the rain! how could I put side windows in it? The glass would be taller than the body so they couldn't roll down.
Why can I always come up with more problems than answers?
Thanks again.
Beck