Knoxville NATS

Started by Ohio Blue Tip, April 20, 2005, 08:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio Blue Tip

Who's going to the Nationals South in Knoxville?  I'll be there for the Lokar party Thursday night May 5th and Friday & Saturday at the show.
Won't have my car done, but  I'm committed to go (need to visit relatives in TN).
Let me know and we could set a time and place for a meet & greet? :D
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

alchevy

Several of my friends have been to this one over the years and I would like to go, but each year I have a family reunion that seems to be the same date as Knoxville (even if Knoxville moves to a new date). Can't figure that one out. A friend of mine last year, while at this show, won a PPG Outstanding Use of Paint award.  Here's a picture of his car. He bought a fiberglass hood for his car up at Louisville one year, then laid out some flames on it and cut the flames out.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Ohio Blue Tip

So, I guess I'm the only RRT'er going to Knoxville???
I hate to drink alone!
:(  :(
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

HotRodLadyCrusr

Earl Schieb will be there.  He's the really good looking tall guy with the pony tail.  He'll have cookies with him and I betcha he'll trade a couple of cookies for a beer. :wink:

Roadstar and I are actually going to Knoxville next Saturday for a dag of drag racing traditional hot rods.  I can't wait to get down there.  I really love the countryside down there.  Have fun Ken and fill us in on the show when you get back.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

purplepickup

I used to go to Knoxville every year. It's a nice way to kick off the season for us northern rodders.  We usually spent a lot of time playing tourist cruising around the countryside.  It's a nice ride down thru Great Smoky Mt National Park.  The trip up to Cade's Cove is pretty with the dogwoods out.  The road runs right next to a river with lots of rapids and falls.

Ken,  if you go to Dollywood see if they've got some Dolly Door Knockers.....and behave youself. :shock:

By the way, when you're in the vendor's building you can go ahead and pay Harold  at Windsor Fabrication's booth the money I owe him for some fenders.  I'll catch ya next year....maybe. :roll:
George

Charlie Chops 1940

I just reserved a couple swap meet spots...guess that means I'm going too. I need to sell some cr.., that is,  er, good hotrod parts...

I'll be in swap spaces 86 & 87. Look for a red Trailblazer with a 6X10 white enclosed trailer.

I'll be looking for a place to camp in the truck.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

earl schieb

Yeah, I'll probably go....I might even be sociable of anybody's got a beer and a chair (you listenin Charlie? :lol: )
Swap meet, in and out, then up to the pedal car nationals in the Forge, then back home.
Anybody else?

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "earl schieb"Yeah, I'll probably go....I might even be sociable of anybody's got a beer and a chair (you listenin Charlie? :lol: )
Swap meet, in and out, then up to the pedal car nationals in the Forge, then back home.
Anybody else?

Well....maybe. Ya might be able to twist my arm. Just to be sociable ya know.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

slocrow

Hummmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!! Do I smell a road trip???????
If you go Charlie are you thinking of a roomy or are you camping out in the truck??????
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Charlie Chops 1940

I'm gonna camp out of the truck somewhere. Haven't crossed that bridge yet but I've been told that there are a lot of campgrounds in the area. Guess I better get to looking for something.

Charlie

A Hooligan!